Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Which umbrella has the highest weight limit?

Thinking about our trip to Disney in June, DC's are 6 and 4. We have a BOB Duallie, but we don't want to bring it with us (will likely sell by the summer anyway). They are good walkers for the most part, but DD (the 6 yo) has low stamina and I want a place for her to sit and rest. Just want to get a single for this trip that has at least at 50lb weight limit, DC's will take turns. DS rarely wants to sit. Since it's Disney and I'm sure we will be pack mules I'd like some some storage, good steering and maybe a cup holder would be good. Looking to spend under $150 since this will be used for a week only.
    I've been out of the stroller loop for a while, any suggestions? Can be any lightweight really, not just an umbrella. And please don't say I don't need a stroller, I know DD will need a spot to rest
    Last edited by mariza; 02-11-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We took our Volo to WDW for my 6 yo. It was what we already had, so it worked. I think it has a 55# limit.

We also had the P3 for DS2.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

I can't tell you how many times I've kicked myself for selling my Volo last year DD is about 55 lbs now, so I wonder if I got another Volo, how it would hold up with a little extra weight? I just saw the Blink on Albee baby, it looks like it might be a good option.
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Weight limits are kind of meaningless with strollers. Any decent umbrella should do.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Weight limits are kind of meaningless with strollers. Any decent umbrella should do.
    Huh...all these years I sold strollers as my kids got close to the limit thinking they would bend or break the frame if they went over by a few pounds! Oh well, buy doing this I got to try a bunch of fun strollers
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

FWIW - I think the aprica cadence has a 70 lb weight limit (SQ did a review of it - you can google it). But yeah, I've yet to see a stroller explode or self-destruct when a kid hits 51 lbs... supposedly the push becomes more difficult...
    Last edited by poohbear; 02-11-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: weight limit

I think it's the push that is the issue. I have a Blink and the push and steering are not as nice as a Maclaren and it's especially noticeable after 30 lbs or so. But for the price on Albee I think it's a great stroller. I think Volos are going for cheap on Ebay right now though too. I'd probably get one of those since the Blink is a good 5+ lbs heavier than the Volo and you don't really need the Blink's extra features.

If you want to consider a jogger... babyboutiqueoutlet has the joovy zoom for $149. The basket looks decent for loading it up with whatever.

Otherwise a Peg Si is lightweight with a bigger basket. $159 at albee baby.

As mentioned earlier the Aprica Presto. Tea leaf color is $175 at amazon.

BJCmicro $89 at albeebaby
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Aprica Presto looks so cute! You should get that and then come back here and post a photo review and tell us all about it.

Weight limits are pretty arbitrary. The main criteria is--how well does it actually steer with heavier kids? Even if the weight limit states it can hold them, it doesn't mean it is any fun to push them in it. FWIW, I was pushing my 68 pound 9 yr old around in the Aprica Cadence the other day. It was very easy. I also pushed him around in the Quinny Senzz. The seat is even bigger on that.
    Strollerqueen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast