Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm also going to say it's a totally normal feeling, and that it's okay to mourn the loss of what could have been.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, every time, but particularly with DD2 because she will be the last. I wasn't sad about having a girl, just a little wistful about never having another boy.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

Totally normal and don't feel bad for feeling that way. With #1 I kinda wanted a girl because I had NO idea about raising a boy or boy parts. When I had him I got comfortable quickly and was fine. Then we found out we were pregnant with #2. I could have sworn I was pregnant with a little girl. I knew this was our last child and when I found out it was a boy I was sad. I really wanted a little girl to do the things I grew up doing with my mom. I mourned the life I thought I would have with a daughter. What helped is that I remember myself as a hormonal teenager and wonder how she survived. I couldn't be happier with the 2 boys I have now but I would be lying if I told you I didn't still wonder and get a little sad.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to find out what we were having. I figured if I found out at delivery I wouldn't have time to be overly upset about it. I'm glad DS was a boy but if I had found out he was a boy beforehand I would have been upset he wasn't a girl. If we have another one I'm afraid if we find out Earl I'll either be sad it wasn't a girl because I'll never have one or sad it wasn't a boy because DS won't have a brother. So I thi k it's totally normal to be a little sad.

amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I absolutely agree with everyone who has said it's normal, and want to add that in my opinion this is the reason I'm glad we don't get to pick! I would never stop second guessing that choice...
    DS1 8/08
    DS2 8/11

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amm40 View Post
    I absolutely agree with everyone who has said it's normal, and want to add that in my opinion this is the reason I'm glad we don't get to pick! I would never stop second guessing that choice...
    Wow, I can't imagine having to make that decision. That would be impossible.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It is completely normal. I am still struggling this time. There are boards out there for gender disappointment and it is a common feeling for a lot of parents.

Both DH and I wanted a little girl and our first was a DD. For our second, we would have been fine with another girl but were totally open to experiencing the joys of a boy. We did find out early and it was a boy and we were totally fine.

Going for #3, we wanted to make sure that it was a third child and not another girl was what we wanted. When we decided that, we went for #3. We soon found out it was twins and the chances of one being a girl are pretty high (75%), so we were kind of excited. We found out we are having two boys and it has been very tough for me. It's one thing to adjust to the thought of having twins, especially when we were financially ready for only one more at this time. but, mourning the thought of not experiencing a baby girl has been extremely hard for me. I only thought I would ever have one child and continue with my career. Now, we are here , soon to have 4DC's and have contemplated #5 already......

Hugs to you momma. Take whatever time you need to adjust and remember that your feelings are ok.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2