Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, I was one who read a thread about them here, and put it on my xmas list this year. DH and I got one from my parents and we LOVE it. DS is scared of it, and the dog is okay with it if you just use the dustbuster part of it. But I am very impressed with what it is able to pick up. We have hard woods and a 6x8 rug. Seriously, the BBB has yet to lead me astray.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another rec for the Ergorapido. I'm continually amazed and a little horrified by how much it picks up. I find myself cleaning the floors a lot more frequently than I did with a broom because it's so fast and easy. It can handle most cereals and other common debris. It struggled with Christmas tree needles (mostly shot them out the back of the vacuum) but that's the only time it hasn't worked well.

I'm a little nervous that any spinning brushes could scratch our hardwood so I wipe off the rollers and check the brush for debris before putting it away each time. It isn't too bad most of the time but we tend to track in salt and sand this time of year.

The only problem is that my toddler is so fascinated by it that like Pear's child he tries to hold onto it and steer while I vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I'm continually amazed and a little horrified by how much it picks up. .

Just ordered it from Amazon, around $81 and free 2 day shipping with my Prime. Can't wait to get it~

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hope you enjoy the electrolux.....I got mine about 4 mos ago and I love it!! I did not think I "needed" the dustbuster attachement either, but I have actually used it several times, and it is handy. I had not had a dusterbuster for about 10 years.
    Last edited by MamaSnoo; 02-13-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: unfortunate typo
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

this december i got a Hoover LINX Cordless Stick Vacuum on sale through amazon and i love it.

but based on this thread, when the linx dies im going to try the ergorapido!
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm in the market for one too and the Electrolux one sounds great! Should I get the basic one or splurge for the Ultra? Does anyone know if there's a significant difference between the two?
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nechums View Post
    I'm in the market for one too and the Electrolux one sounds great! Should I get the basic one or splurge for the Ultra? Does anyone know if there's a significant difference between the two?
    I don't know, I have one too but its at our house and we are in a rented condo since relocating to FL. Mine is older, its red. I think I have the one that runs about $80-90. It was great at first, loved it. I can't remember exactly how long, 2+ years, the battery didn't charge as well. At lease the vacuum part didn't work as well. I could be easily disputed on this. With my thyroid and adrenal gland disorders, I have lost a massive amount of hair. Found lots of hair around ends of roller . I have cleaned out the Electrolux brush very well, no difference. DH cleaned it, no difference.

I still keep it in our laundry room and use the stick vac often! It still works great. To go around baseboards, little messes on floor, crumbs, etc.

I bought another solid surface vacuum, $40 refurbished. I don't remember the name brand but it works great. Wish I had brought it with to vacuum this tile! All I know about it is it had little brushes along the side that pull in things along the baseboards, which I love about it! Its really loud but I assume its because its a refurb.

There could be a clog somewhere in my Elec. we didn't find. I have read in a review they don't sell new (rechargeable) battery packs. I don't know if alot of companies do. If Elec. did sell one I sure would buy it because I loved that thing when it worked well! I made the mistake of keeping it plugged up to charge all the time, I don't think you're supposed to do that.

I would personally recommend one, just follow directions to keep battery life and as long as you don't have massive amounts of hair falling out all over the place, lol.
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

I just wanted to thank everyone for recommending the orange Ergorapido.

I received it yesterday and let it charge up all day. I used it this morning for the first time, and it works great! Picked up all sorts of gunk from my kitchen floor. Plus I think the orange is so cute!

Question - how often are you guys replacing the filter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2