Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Diapers causing yeast infection?

Is it possible for diapers to cause a yeast infection? DD seems to have one almost continually. They clear up over the weekend and then come back. I'm convinced that it is the Baby Dry diapers (we use Baby Dry at daycare, other dipes at home). Am I nuts or is this possible? They change the kids every 2 hours at daycare, so she isn't sitting in a wet diaper for hours.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DD got consistent yeast rashes from Pampers, so we stopped using them. I am convinced they are the devil.

We switched to Huggies Pure & Natural and the rashes cleared up.

She's had one since (we're using Huggies Little Movers) but that was related to her bum being wet before we re-diapered her.

I switched from using wet wipes on a pee dipe to using an essential oil spray from Green Mountain Diapers and one of our old Gerber prefolds-cum-changing-pad to wipe it away ... no rashes & no reactions.

We use rotate between this spray:

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/other.htm#companion

and this one:

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/other.htm#potion

Unfortunately, IDK how daycare-friendly a routine like ours would be, though.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

The one thing that jumps out at me is I don't *think* a true yeast infection could clear up in two days flat. So maybe it's not a yeast infection, but an irritation rash, maybe from the wipes they use at daycare but not at your own house? I know my kids are so crazy sensitive to disposable wipes that after 1-2 days they break out in a yeasty looking rash--but it's not yeast. So maybe that's it?
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    The one thing that jumps out at me is I don't *think* a true yeast infection could clear up in two days flat. So maybe it's not a yeast infection, but an irritation rash, maybe from the wipes they use at daycare but not at your own house? I know my kids are so crazy sensitive to disposable wipes that after 1-2 days they break out in a yeasty looking rash--but it's not yeast. So maybe that's it?
    I should have added that we use the rx antifungal for the yeast rash, and I usually catch it before it becomes beefy red. So after a few applications of the cream, the rash has mostly disappeared.

I provide the wipes for daycare, and they're the same ones we use at home. What do you use for wipes?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Huh. That is strange. They're using the same diapers and wipes but getting a rash during the week? Totally scratching my head at that mystery!

We use cloth wipes and diapers all day, and one disposable diaper at night. I only use disposable wipes (and diaper) when out of the house, or else it's major rash time.

I wonder if it would help to use something like Huggies Pure and Natural diapers, and bring in some Viva paper towels (the ones w/select a sheet size), and have them use those with plain tap water in place of wipes. Shouldn't be hard at all for them. That's what I would try next.
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Huh. That is strange. They're using the same diapers and wipes but getting a rash during the week? Totally scratching my head at that mystery!
    No, they are using Baby Dry and at home we are switching between swaddlers, huggies, and a local grocery store brand. I don't like Baby Dry, DD seems to have more leaks in them. But I am trying to use up the case, and I figured they would be good for daycare because they change the babies every 2 hours, so the diapers rarely has time to leak. At home sometimes we will go longer, especially if we are in the car, in the middle of something, etc. I'm not buying them again though!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmm, it does sound like the diapers are at least contributing if not causing it. Could it be a reaction to the infamous DryMax? DS got a nasty rash the first diaper into our last box of Pampers. You could tell something was wrong almost immediately. We've since switched to 7th Gen. Target and Huggies also work for us if 7th Generation dipes aren't available.

http://www.zrecommends.com/category/Pampers

Maybe call Pampers and ask for a refund so you're not out the cost of the rest of the case?

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Hmm, it does sound like the diapers are at least contributing if not causing it. Could it be a reaction to the infamous DryMax? DS got a nasty rash the first diaper into our last box of Pampers. You could tell something was wrong almost immediately. We've since switched to 7th Gen. Target and Huggies also work for us if 7th Generation dipes aren't available.

http://www.zrecommends.com/category/Pampers

Maybe call Pampers and ask for a refund so you're not out the cost of the rest of the case?
    I thought Baby Dry didn't have Dry Max?
    In any case, I won't be buying them again. I so so so wish Swaddlers size 3 didn't have dry max. I love swaddlers. *wistful sigh*

If I can find the receipt, I'll call Pampers. The box was thrown out a while ago.

Baby Dry doesn't have DryMax. But they are very perfumey, and have that green strip down the center with something applied in it. Not sure what. Maybe that is the culprit?
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Baby Dry doesn't have DryMax. But they are very perfumey, and have that green strip down the center with something applied in it. Not sure what. Maybe that is the culprit?

Yeah, that might be it. I didn't realize there was a stripe. I will have to look more carefully tonight. Why can't Pampers just stick with what works?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast