Thread: BOB duallie ?s

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default BOB duallie ?s

so the BOB Duallie is $441 on Amazon. do you think it be crazy for me to get one now?? dh & I agreed we would eventually get one, but baby #2 isn't even here yet. though with these prices and the weather finally getting to be decent, i am really getting tempted!

and FTR, i don't plan on using it for jogging at all for at least a year or so..at first we mostly want it for neighborhood walks, trips to the zoo, etc. right now we have a UppaBaby Vista that i use almost everyday to go on neighborhood walks with my DS, and we love it so far. we did get a Rumbleseat and carseat adaptor for it, but i think for neighborhood walks i'd rather not have to strap my DD in a carseat. plus with 2 kids i don't think it' would be as easy to push as the bob. I'm thinking if we got the BOB duallie we'd mainly keep it in our entryway (unless we're going to the zoo or something) and keep the Vista in our van for mall trips etc.

one thing i'm wondering is how early can a baby ride in a BOB?? how is the recline? i tried reading the description on amazon but it seems somewhat limited. i guess i'm wondering if it's possible to use it for a newborn and a toddler. soon after dd is born i'd love to be able to get out of the house with both kids to go for a walk around the neighborhood etc.

also, i'm assuming the $441 price is for the 2010 models right..is there any reason to go for the 2011 instead? it seems the improvements are mainly the footrest and canopy
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 02-15-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Bootsie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

the BOB does not have a full flat recline for newborns.

IMO, the 2011 Duallie doesn't offer improvements worth the extra cost. The seats are more padded - might be more comfy, but I know plenty of parents whose kids are happy in the existing duallie. The basket is slightly more accessible. The footwell is slightly different - might not get as muddy. The fabric is different - it looks more like kite material - probably fades less, dries faster. . . . Trying to remember what else . . . . The safety strap is on the bottom bar instead of the top handlebar (I'm trying to remember why they did that when having it on the top bar was always one of BOB's selling points . . . .)

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the same questions as ms.pacman. I'm due in May and had planned on getting a dualie sometime this summer (once DD2 is old enough to ride in it) so the nanny can take both kids to the park once I go back to work. I was going to wait for the 2011 but it seems like it's not worth the cost difference?

Bootsie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I forgot to add another change that was made to the 2011 duallie. It involves the fold locking mechanism. On the 2010, you had to wrap the handlebar safety strap around the handlebar once it was folded - you did this a bunch of times and then caught the two bits of velcro together at the end. That's how it stayed folded.

On the 2011, the same type of latch or clasp that is used to connect to the bottom bar to keep the seat tight is used to keep the fold locked. I can't think of the name of this type of latch/clasp but it is used everywhere. It is the sort of seat belt like latch you find that clasps a Baby Bjorn or Ergo. That kind of latch is the locking mechanism now (instead of the velcro).

Oh, and apparently the accessory adapter bar has changed and perhaps it is easier to snap on car seats and the children's tray? I don't use either so I didn't pay too much attention when they explained that change to me.

Again, in my opinion, all minor changes not worth the extra $, but YMMV
    Last edited by Bootsie; 02-15-2011 at 04:52 PM.

I would go for it! It's such a good price. A used one on my cl was hard to find one for 400. I also don't think any of those features sound like its worth the 100+ extra. I just got used to picking it up in a certain way so it doesn't flop open. I think with its recline you could use it at 3 months. I test drove a vista with a rumble seat. I thinly it would be handy for occasional use, especially for the mall. But that added weight added on the front wheels really affects the steering. A bob would be much easier and smoother, especually for outdoor use.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!