Default Another Ergo vs. Beco Gemini

I can't decide if I want an Ergo or Beco Gemini. I am usually warm, so the Ergo Performance is appealing to me, especially in hot/humid weather (just thinking forward to summer). I have only been able to try on a regular Ergo and I found the back buckle hard to fasten by myself. So this lead me to the Beco Gemini. But is this going to be too warm? Does it really make a difference?

I also cannot find pictures of the Gemini with the hood flipped up. Anyone know if there is a picture somewhere? I have to wait until the 24th for the next Babywearers' meeting and I'm too impatient to see if they will have these carriers to look at. TIA!
    DD 6/10

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You do need to try them on. I bought an Ergo but returned it because it was just an uncomfortable fit. The shoulder straps rubbed me wrong and I'm not a big person. I bought a Beco and had much better luck with comfort. Sorry! I know it's hard to wait but it probably would be best if you can try and see them in person and try them on.

Beth

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Jane @ QuirkyBaby has a photo w/the Gemini head support up:

http://quirkybaby.com/category_117/B...y-Carrier.html

The Gemini won't be as warm as the Ergo due to its narrower body, but it will still be warm. Dress yourself & your DD lighter when using it. I wore a lot of tanks & sundresses with our Ergo last summer.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle