View Poll Results: What do you think about stroller frames and car seat adapters?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are useful for quick errands/limited use.

65 59.63%
  • They are the best thing since sliced bread. I used mine a ton.

27 24.77%
  • Car seats are for cars. Never used a stroller frame or car seat adapter.

16 14.68%
  • Wha wha what?

1 0.92%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What do you think about snap 'n go type stroller frames and car seat adapters?

Poll coming.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We used ours for quick in and out trips but for walks in the neighborhood we just put DD in the Indie or BJCED with the seat reclined.

I used a car seat adapter a bit when DD was really little (like 4 months and under). It was really helpful if I had DD and had to run into the grocery store for a gallon of milk. If DD was going to be out of the car for more than 10 or 15 minutes, I just put her in the reclined stroller or wore her. But for a less than 15 minute errand, it helps. Especially when I was a new mom and it would take me 15 minutes just to get her in and out of the seat because I was so worried about hurting her or not doing it right.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I kept our Vista's car seat adapter in the trunk in case we needed it, which basically meant if DS had fallen asleep in the car and I was running errands like picking up dry-cleaning, stopping at CVS for a prescription, quick run to the grocery store. If he was awake we always transferred him to the stroller bassinet/seat. He HATED the car seat, and I always thought he looked much comfier in the stroller seat. When we did use it, I always had my carrier in the stroller basket, because if he woke up I'd have to transfer him to the carrier immediately, he'd scream his head off in the car seat, but not the stroller seat. So we didn't use it very often.

I'm glad I didn't buy a SNG because it's just one more thing to store and the adapter works the same way and the Vista is way easier to steer. I agree with the "car seats are for cars" philosophy but I like having the option of the adapter when necessary.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Never used one. If we used the stroller we put DS in the bassinet. We did sometimes just carry the carseat itself though, but I never put the carseat in the stroller.
    Blessed mommy of 2 beautiful boys

I answered that I used it a ton, but really my answer is used it a ton and useful for quick trips, limited use. We have a SNG and used it a ton the first 3-4 months because of lots of dr. appointments, quick trip to grocery store, etc. But if we went to the mall for a few hours we usually put her in the stroller.

I bought our SNG used on CL for $15 and for that price it was a piece of baby gear I wouldn't have wanted to live without. If I had to pay full price though, eh maybe not.

I'm firmly in the first camp. I have adapters for each of my strollers, and use them for quick errands. I used one on Monday for preschool drop-off: it was raining in buckets and I had a basket filled with homemade sugar cookie valentines to get inside, as well as the kids. Transfering the baby to the stroller seat in that kind of rain would've gotten him completely drenched, and I couldn't have carried everything in on my own.
    Melanie

Mama, PhD, to: Baby Bear (September 2006); The Cub (November 2009); and three babies in heaven
    Favourite human to two Maine Coon cats
    I drive a Bugaboo Cameleon, a Bugaboo Bee+ (2010) and a Mutsy Urban Rider. Ooops, and a Chariot CX2, too! Oh, and a purple Starck Maclaren And oh, wait, I have *another* Bee+ (2011). How did I get six strollers?? Uh-oh, there's a P&T Dash in my living room - who put that there?

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used a SnG with DS2 and it was INVALUABLE!!!! DS1 is in school all day and we used it mostly for drop off/pickup. In the cold Midwest, it was great to not have to worry about bundling DS2 up--we just had the car seat cover on and that was all we needed. It got used for 15 mins at a time MAX, but it was used daily. I would never use it as my main stroller.

We are close enough to walk to school when it's nice out and when we do that we used the P3 or the jogging stroller (an old Dreamer Designs from CL).
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

I never had a stroller that took a car seat (you can buy the adaptor, but I didn't) when dd was still in an infant seat. She woke up when you took the bucket out of the base in the car anyway.

Also, this is probably somewhat lifestyle dependent. I walk a ton. So dd went straight into the stroller for walks. When we were in the car, I rarely had a stroller, just used my pikkolo or mei tai and carried her. That was easiest for me.

And I admit that I was afraid I would get lazy and over use the carseat option if the stroller took one so I decided not to have the option at all. I was a bit paranoid about the breathing issue. (Not so much about the flat head since dd rolled over at 4 weeks, 4 days.)

Catherine

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think they are great for quick errands. I used my snugrider frame a lot during DS' first winter. At that point, the carseat was getting to heavy to lug around with him in it. It was so convenient to keep him warm & cozy in the carseat when we went into Blockbuster or the library or something. I also loved the huge basket on it. Plus it was nice when I had a lot of stuff to carry when I got home (townhouse and we park in a lot). I just popped his seat in the frame, loaded up the basket, and my arms weren't tired by the time we got to the front door.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast