Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, I got my easywalker qtro there a couple months ago but I didn't notice they had g-luxes. Super nice people there!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hope you like it! Just curious...how does the wheel size compare to the Quest?
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    I hope you like it! Just curious...how does the wheel size compare to the Quest?
    I didn't compare them side by side in the store but they are either bigger than the Quest or the same. Definitely not smaller. I think I read that Gluxe is 6 inches and Quest is 5 inches? They look similar sized but the Gluxe style is different. They are more rounded on the sides with "thread" on them if you know what I mean. When folded the Gluxe sticks out further. They don't close into the hood so it is slightly less compact. I would take the wheels off if I was gate checking the stroller on a plane, whereas I wouldn't with the Quest.
    Mom to DD 8/09

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Oh, I got my easywalker qtro there a couple months ago but I didn't notice they had g-luxes. Super nice people there!
    He said they just got in their 2011 shipment and had sold out of all of the old ones so it's possible they didn't have them when you were there. They said they are getting red on Tuesday but will order whatever you want.
    Mom to DD 8/09

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    From my reading on the net, the Quest wheels are 5 inches in diameter while the Luxe wheels are 5.5 inches. Another point for the Luxe .

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
    The store I went to only had the Teal in stock - it was really pretty but I went out on a limb and ordered the Ani (orange) sight unseen. The sales guy told me it's a light orangey-yellow so I think it'll look nice and summery. Too bad it's not the same yellow as my Maya Vista...

The recline DOWN on the gluxe is easier - you just pinch the little clips together and pull them down on the strap. But the recline UP on the Quest is easier. I like that you can just push it up with your hands and it clicks into place. The gluxe is a little harder to do since you have to pinch the little clasp together and push up at the same time. As for depth of recline, the gluxe goes to 120 degrees. Is that the same as the Quest? It looks deeper than my Quest but don't quote me on that.

It was the windiest day in creation in DC yesterday so I did not take the stroller outside to test it but it seemed to glide indoors just like the Quest does. I noticed the suspension but the sales guy said it handles great outdoors and can easily be pushed one handed.

It's a mom and pop shop so they are very knowledgeable about their products. They showed me all these features like how to take the seat off and wash it (easier than the Quest and sooooo plush), great size cupholder attached, standing fold, rotating (!!!) canopy and that's BEFORE you extend the extra SPF 50 shade extender, basket is easier to access since the recline mechanism isn't blocking it like it is on the Quest, super easy extending legrest (my DD is tall enough now that she doesn't need the legrest extended up, but it still hangs down like the Quest so it's comfy and padded behind her knees and calves, new weight limit up to 50 lbs, tons of headroom, and while the fabric is more sporty/shiny than the Quest, it is treated with some sort of stain-blocker and it looks like it would be super easy to clean without fading - clean it with a soapy sponge, rinse with a hose and let it dry in the sun.

I'm OBSESSED with this new stroller!!! DH thinks it's ridiculous that I need a replacement for the Quest but I use an umbrella so often that I need it to be amazing and I'm sure he'll be sold on it once he tries it out. The Quest was fab for indoors and I didn't really mind the lack of suspension since it was pretty smooth outside, but I hated hated hated hated the sunshade.

Can't wait to report back when it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, thanks for your indepth response . Sounds like the Luxe is the way to go for me too. I'm also looking at the Ani. I love the shade of orange/yellow but am a little concerned about the white canopy getting dirty. Oh well, that's why they made soap and water.
    Last edited by MamaMichelle; 02-20-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMichelle View Post
    Wow, thanks for your indepth response . Sounds like the Luxe is the way to go for me too. I'm also looking at the Ani. I love the shade of orange/yellow but am a little concerned about the white canopy getting dirty. Oh well, that's why they made soap and water .
    The sales guys said the canopy is tan and when you close the wheels, they do not touch the shade. I hope it'll stay clean that way!
    Mom to DD 8/09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3