Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default baby taking diaper off

so recently DS (13 mo) has been taking his diaper off. At first he could only undo one side, when he was lying on changing table when he had no pants on, but now, he is able to undo both sides, through his clothes when he is up and about. he doesn't pull his pants down or anything, he just undoes both of the velcro straps through his clothing...so putting him in onesies/1pc pjs won't help. any tips? do i have to resort to duct tape now? hehe.

Woa. They sure give us a run for our money don't they?!
    I wonder if you could put the diaper on backwards at all?
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Woa. They sure give us a run for our money don't they?!
    I wonder if you could put the diaper on backwards at all?
    hm, i guess i could try putting the cover on backwards (we use prefolds + thirsties cover)..i will try that next time!

it's scary how well he can get the diaper off now. unlike a few months ago i can't leave him in just a shirt and diaper anymore. earlier today when i had just changed him (but before i put his pants back on) he was able to take the cover completely off and then started trying to remove the Snappi! eek. not so surprising though, i think i have one of those kids that if he had his way, he'd be totally naked all day.

Feel free to visit my "Lie to me" thread in the Lounge.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Feel free to visit my "Lie to me" thread in the Lounge.

Catherine
    i just saw that, so funny!

i guess i should consider myself lucky the diaper removal here didn't involve pee or poo (thankfully). so far ds just takes off his diaper in front of me..i hope he doesn't get any ideas though...i too will cross my fingers and hope it's just a one-time thing done out of curiosity...

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you tried a snapping cover? We found that my son could take of a velcro diaper, but one that was snapped was much harder.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    Have you tried a snapping cover? We found that my son could take of a velcro diaper, but one that was snapped was much harder.
    I've heard the same thing, and it makes sense. Though in your case it might be worth just letting him do it, as much as he wants (since he does it in front of you and is still technically covered by the prefold if he gets the cover off) - that way he'll get bored of it. Or - give him a cover to play with

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We found a cloth diaper cover that had a thumb release buckle on it. It was fantastic when we used it.

Many a nap though I didn't think to use it (honestly, I'm just thinking of it now...2 years too late), ds2 would be naked and his crib would be a mess.

Beth

thanks everyone! the snapping cover makes sense, though wish i had thought of that earlier...unfortunately all the snap covers i have are in newborn size (doh!). i guess if it becomes a big issue i'll buy a snap cover or two.

and yeah, i'll have to see how long this phase lasts. lately he seems obsessed with trying to take off articles of clothing (diapers, bibs, shoes, socks, you name it). he has been ripping off bibs for months now, but the diaper thing just started a few days ago. fun times..

Ooooh, I forgot you are using cloth. In that case, I know I have seen baby-proofed covers and diapers somewhere. They have a plastic snap buckle in the front I think. Let me see if I can dig up a link. But yeah, snaps are definitely harder for them to get undone than velcro.

I looked everywhere and can't remember where I saw that cover. I'll come back later if I find it.
    Last edited by daisymommy; 02-17-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast