Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now the Pikkolo

Another Pikkolo lover here!
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firemama View Post

Here is the link from Beco's website saying the fill is 100% polyester:

http://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-13/beco-Gemini
    The body is not heavily padded & the profile is slim enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

I tried it with my DD on a very warm day here in NJ and it was no problem. DD tends to run hot & she didn't sweat a bit and we tested it for over an hour.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    The body is not heavily padded & the profile is slim enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

I tried it with my DD on a very warm day here in NJ and it was no problem. DD tends to run hot & she didn't sweat a bit and we tested it for over an hour.
    Great! It sounds like it will be fine. I also e-mailed pikkolo's customer service and they have polyester filling too. I probably over-analyze the polyester thing, but I swear there are polyester things out there that are too hot.
    DD 6/10

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No problems with my pikkolo. When it gets hot here, I wear DS more on my hip. Seems to help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I need to get that waist strap. DD is about 17 lbs and I've always used it without. Does it help much?
    Yes! It helps a lot!!

I have a love/hate relationship with my Pikkolo now that DS is 10 mos/20 lbs.

Love: straps that cross in the back in front carry, super comfy for younger baby w/o support belt, super easy and discrete nursing (also w/o support belt), easy to do a back carry compared to a wrap--comparable to other SSCs I've tried. Also liked the forward-facing option although honestly, I used it so rarely that I could have made do with just a hip carry.

Dislike: the carrier seems to come out of the belt when I'm loosening the hip strap (ie to lower my son into nursing position) and I can't get it back in without taking off the carrier. The hip belt still digs in even with the support belt, although putting the support belt on backwards (padded side in) helps a bit. If you're alternating between front and back carries and using the optional chest belt, it always falls off one or both sides when you're unbuckling the shoulder straps; it's only a matter of time before I lose one. Most importantly, I don't feel DS' bottom is in the ideal bum-below-the-knees position because the carrier isn't as wide as many of the ones that don't offer the forward-facing positon. IMO that makes it less than ideal for a toddler.

Bottom line: I don't know if the Manduca is available where you are, but if it had been available when I bought my carrier, I would have gotten the Manduca.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2