Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Hard water dishwasher magic!

I just wanted to let anyone with hard water know about a new product I discovered called "LemiShine". It's a powdered dishwasher detergent that you can also use as a dishwasher cleaner. It's done miracles for my glasses! I got it at Target for a little under $4. Just a happy FYI!
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cool thanks. We have really hard water.
    DD
    DS

I agree 100% - we were out and I was in a panic because it's often not in stock at my Target

Plus - DS got under our kitchen sink and ate some when I called the hotline they said to just give him some milk. I guess the ingredient is just fruit acids. No trip to the Dr!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OK so I got this to try based on another thread here. I put it in the detergent receptacle and ran a cycle on an empty dishwasher. Then I put in dishes that were already clean (but had that filmy build-up) in and ran another cycle.

The filmy buildup came out WORSE!!! Anyone have this happen? What am I doing wrong??

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

twowhat? - I think you're supposed to run the LemiShine with the dishes. That's odd that your glasses came out worse.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    twowhat? - I think you're supposed to run the LemiShine with the dishes. That's odd that your glasses came out worse.
    The packaging says to run an empty load first to remove any build-up in the dishwasher. Yes, it's weird the dishes came out worse! So strange! I've been afraid to use it again!

I use it in every load. I have my own system - one Finish Quantum pack, and then I fill up the rest of the space in the dispenser with LemiShine. Once I had used LemiShine according to the directions for long enough to get rid of some of the buildup on the dishes and the machine, the smaller amount is enough for maintenance. I also use the Finish rinse agent, and definitely see a difference when I don't. Someday we'll get a water softener. Until then, I just hope this keeps working.

I use Lemishine along with the Electrosol powertabs (the ones with the red ball) and my dishes come out clean every time. The only thing is, I always buy two Lemishines at a time, because my Target always seems to run out-my town has awful water!
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love, love, love LemiShine. We live overseas with crazy hard (beach!) water and our dishwasher was so crusted the lime or calcium was actually caked on. It was horrible. We couldn't use the machine because the dishes would end up filthy. We could write our names on the film, I'm not kidding. I found LemiShine and we did the build up remover, where you stop the machine mid-cycle and let it sit (we did overnight) and then use it every load. Love it.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Add me to the group who LOVES this stuff. I use Lemishine along with our cascade tablets and the dishes come out so much clearer. Initially when we moved here I couldn't figure out why my dishes were always SO cloudy. A friend mentioned this product to me and I never do a load of dishes without it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast