Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default mickey mouse clubhouse party ideas?

I've read a thousand websites and still don't have a clear idea of what to do with the kids' party this year. We're doing mickey mouse clubhouse for a theme. I think I have the cake figured out. They will be 5 and 3 (b/g). Looking at anywhere from 3 friends to 8 or 9 plus adults.

Here's what I've come up with so far

food:
    mickey mouse nuggets from costco (no brainer!) with various dipping options
    maybe mac n cheese? or some sort of pasta salad/potato salad? or both?
    fruit salad of some sort
    mickey mouse shaped jello jigglers (I got a cookie cutter in the shape of mickey mouse head/ears)
    veggie tray
    cake (one huge one to share, borrowed a 1/2 sheet cake pan from a friend and have played with marshmallow fondant tonight and I think it's doable)
    some variation of this cake
    http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...e-cake-42.html

I was able to find plates/napkins etc at walmart so I'm set there. What I can't figure out is activities and goody bags. Would you make mickey mouse cookies and let the kids decorate them? Should I do mouse ears for everyone (minnie for the girls,mickey for the boys?). Would that plus a decorated big cookie be enough of a favor? Any other ideas?
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

cheri is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love the idea of mickey/minnie cookies to decorate and take home. I think that's a great favor--edible and nothing to throw away later.

Sounds like a great party! Have fun

Love the cookie to decorate and as favor idea. I think that is plenty for a favor.

If you want a game you could play musical chairs with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.

Have fun!
    Catherine

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I believe the Playhouse Disney (now Disney Junior) website has birthday party ideas. May be worth a check.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fun theme to work with!

I love the cake! I like the mouse ears idea, but just in case you do decide to change it/add to it, Dollar Tree has a ton of Mickey stuff, including puzzles- both 24 and 48 pcs.

For food, it would be really easy to make Mickey pizzas- you could do 3 pies and put them together.

I wonder if you can find Mickey balloons somewhere- the big ones they sell at the park.

ETA: Activities- pin the nose on Mickey, or maybe make up a story with 3 clues, Toodles, the whole nine yards.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just had a Minnie Mouse party for DD1 on Saturday! She turned 3 so I didn't worry about games or anything.........but we did pizza, veggies and dip, fruit, and pretzles for food.
    I bought a Mickey Mouse head cake pan at JoAnn Fabrics, and then I made a sheet cake to make sure we had enough cake. At my Walmart they had edible stickers and sprinkes in Mickey Mouse shapes and I used those to decorate the sheet cake.

I went to party city and target for goodie bag stuff.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know if you have done invitations yet, but Costco has a Mickey Mouse Club themed card you can order. I can't link it as you have to be logged in.

But, if you are a member, or know someone who is -- it's in the Greeting Cards area under "More".

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

"Gooey Fish" favors: Swedish fish, or gummy fish, if such things exist.

Mini pigs in a blanket (Hot Dog dance)

Musical Chairs, the freeze game or some other game that plays off of the Hot Dog Dance.

Toast the birthday kid: "We have ears... Saaaaay cheers!"

Our local party store (Party City) has a ton of inexpensive Disney favors, including MMCH.

Hope these aren't too dorky. We watch way too much of MMCH right now.

thanks everyone! I got a couple of the suggestions-the book and also found a mickey mouse tag game on amazon that looks cool. I've also checked out the disney website it should be a fun day!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast