Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just did a Mickey party for my twins turning two.

We did hot dogs "hot diggity dog" with a big topping bar. I made several toppings, (slaw, several types of onions, and hot sauces) plus had the classics (relish, mustard, kraut etc). A few classic sides mac and cheese, potato salad etc.

For the cake, I wasn't as ambitious as you. I baked 6 round cakes, (to make a 2 layer cake) and then trimmed four down to use as ears. My cake and invites looked something like these

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67093926...ge=6&ga_facet=

I did the black with buttercream and the red with fondant.

We did the mickey cookies for a favor. I didn't let my guests decorate...many of them were young.

We didn't do much in the way of activities...but we did have the MMCH theme song and had a dance "contest".

Have fun!

update: the party turned out awesome. The cake came out well, we did the cookie decorate and mouse-k-tag and read whose b-day is it anyway. We had mickey mouse nuggets, mac n cheese, fruit and veggie trays and mickey mouse jello jigglers that I made with the cookie cutter I had gotten. We always do a video of pics/videos from the year so we did that and opened presents. By 1/2 way through presents DD was DONE but DS was moving right along. I found great gift bag stuff at the dollar store-gave out a set of mm flash cards (counting for the big kids and colors/shapes for the littles and bath books for the babies) and stamp sets for the big kids, sippy cups for the babies. For the biggest kids I got color on velvet mickey mouse at the $ store. They also had coloring books etc there but I decided against those. The kids had a blast playing with toys etc-the play kitchen was a huge hit and the gifts were spot on-so a great day! I worked on the cake all week but it didn't take long to put it together last night and it tasted awesome.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...806436&theater
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sounds like an awesome party. Good job Mama!!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2