Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I've tried the volo and can't get over how cheapy it feels, maybe it is b/c I had a techno first. Hmm, I think I am going to spring for the purple, it's soooo nice, and I don't care if it's bright, I'd love to have a non-blah looking stroller that makes heads turn at this point.
    Yes, I don't think the Volo really feels cheap to me, but the Starck definitely feels (and looks) a lot more expensive. It's kind of like Albert Thurston that way. Once you have it, it makes more sense why the MSRP is so high. It looks really great. The frame is kind of chromed too, which is a nice touch. I hope you love it. Congratulations on picking the purple. I am definitely getting a purple stroller if we ever have an LO#2, regardless of whether it's a boy or a girl.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So if you just got the Starck, I'm curious which strollers have you sold recently to downsize? Did the Starck replace several?

Quote Originally Posted by berlinsoul View Post
    Could not find decent pics of the shelve. What exactly is the difference in comparisan with a basket ? (Hope thats not a stupid question.)
    These are the best pics I could find of the shelf and the Starck in use online. There are also some great ones by a poster on StrollerSwap if you are a member of that group, but they aren't posted on board so you'd have to hunt down the discussion thread to find the link and info.

I'm soo tempted! I have a 5 year old Volo that I'm looking to replace and the shelf and purple looks awesome. Our Volo works fine, it just looks terrible at this point and has become our farmer's market shopping cart that we occasionally stick our 2.5 year old in. I didn't realize the Starck came with a canopy. Can't wait for pics!

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    So if you just got the Starck, I'm curious which strollers have you sold recently to downsize? Did the Starck replace several?
    I'm still working on the downsizing. In my defense, I started the downsizing after I bought the Starck. I plan to sell or give away the Volo and the Blink. I have just never been a Volo fan (although I was always sure I would love it until I got one) and I was keeping the Blink around for travel etc. but I think the Starck is so much better for that.
    Last edited by Multimama; 02-20-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejd View Post
    I didn't realize the Starck came with a canopy. Can't wait for pics!
    Oh yeah, it has a really nice canopy. My DS loves it, it looks kind of space-aged.

ETA: Just measured the canopy. It's 20 inches compared to the Volo's 18 inches, but if you include the peek-a-boo window it's 24 inches. Wow.
    Last edited by Multimama; 02-20-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    This is OT, but how come you don't like your topaz? I had kicked myself for not taking advantage of the overstock sale of the cybex, but that was before we knew we were going to WDW and I'd need two strollers, one that can handle a 6 yr old.
    I don't dislike the Topaz at all. Its an awesome stroller and I have been excited about being able to bring it "home" to Germany. Just been feeling the itch for something new lately and I usually don't allow myself to indulge in a new purchase before selling one I already own. Also we have decided to put off TTC for a year so I could downsize to an umbrella meant for older kids only like the starck(which would shave about 3 lbs of stroller weight). Then buy myself something new when we have a new baby again (although with 3 kids I will probably be wearing #3 mostly).

I am going to try and sell the Topaz to a couple of preggo friends first so it still gets a good home.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I'm still working on the downsizing. In my defense, I started the downsizing after I bought the Starck. I plan to sell or give away the Volo and the Blink. I have just never been a Volo fan (although I was always sure I would love it until I got one) and I was keeping the Blink around for travel etc. but I think the Starck is so much better for that.
    Don't give away the volo!!!! PM me please.

I am looking to purchase something for a vacation I have coming up and would love to find a good deal on a Volo. Ebay has been outragious and my CL is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sail731 View Post
    Don't give away the volo!!!! PM me please.
    Clearly I'm not a very good saleswoman, but babyproductstore has the black/white Volo for $68 shipped on Ebay right now and I don't think you'll get a better deal from me if I have to ship. I'm only going to give it away if it's to a family member or close friend from whom I can easily get it back should I want it. So really more of a longterm possibly permanent loan.

I did see a Volo on Ebay that was going for $50 with no canopy and no basket and thought that was ridiculous!

Thanks for the review, that looks like a very cool stroller. I had a ? It looks like the footrest is made out of material, is that correct? Would it get dirty easy?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast