Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mommaof3 View Post
    I had a ? It looks like the footrest is made out of material, is that correct? Would it get dirty easy?
    The actual footrest is made out of plastic. You can see it in the pics, it's the darker color at the bottom. Since it's plastic, it's super easy to clean, obviously. But on mine the plastic is a little bit bent, not straight like in the pics. Since it bends when you fold the stroller and my stroller was folded for 5 years, I guess that's to be expected.

Just looked at the pics and saw it is plastic

I was inspired by Strollerqueen's reviews to take some measurements so I added them above. I think comparison pics will probably be more helpful, but I'm still working on it.

Okay, I managed to upload a pic to my review. If anybody can give me some advice about how/where to host pics in an album that would be appreciated. I used to use Photobucket, but find it kind of annoying. Is that the best there is?

In the meantime, my sole pic (attached to the post) shows nicely the big difference between a shelf and a basket. That is my full laptop bag with my computer in it sitting on the shelf. The stroller is empty and free-standing. Show me another Maclaren that can do that.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oooh, thanks for adding more to your review! I am still waiting for a shipping confirmation for my order and can't wait to try out my starck. We're getting another dump of snow and a lovely bright purple stroller arriving at my doorstep would totally make my day!

One of my friends uses smugmug.com and likes it for photo hosting.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Oooh, thanks for adding more to your review! I am still waiting for a shipping confirmation for my order and can't wait to try out my starck. We're getting another dump of snow and a lovely bright purple stroller arriving at my doorstep would totally make my day!
    LOL. I'm glad at least one person is as excited about this stroller as I am. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. (Albee took a few days to get me my shipping confirmation, but after that the stroller arrived fast. I hope it's the same for you.)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just wanted to update for those who have been following this thread. I got my starck tonight and I it! First of all, the color is just so pretty! I thought it would be more of an electric purple, but actually I would describe it to be more of a dusty dark lavender color. It's very easy on the eyes, lol. All 3 of my boys were eager to try it out. My 7 and 5 yr old both sat it in comfortably, as well as my 19 mo old. Like MM had said, it is just a really nice stroller, you can tell from the details that it's an expensive stroller. The shelf is even nicer than I thought it would be (it is pretty deep), the handles are FANTASTIC! I am only 5'4", but the handles were still comfy for me, and I would imagine that taller parents would love them. I also like that they are not the thick foamy handles like my techno, but more, "skinny," which for someone with small hands, feels more comfortable. The wheels are nice, they aren't nubby like my techno, but definitely not as dinky as the volo wheels (which is one thing that has always bothered me about the volo, the wheels look really tiny to me). It rolls like butter, btw, which is exactly what I expected, so much so that my 19 mo old pushed my 7 yr old in the stroller w/o any trouble!

The canopy is great, I have not measured it side by side with my techno, but I would say w/o a doubt it is longer than my techno, so offers more coverage, the material is thinner, but I don't see it would affect its performance. MM is right the front wheels do NOT touch the canopy, like they do with other mac models. The carrying handle is really nice, it is springy and rubberized, and when it's not in use, it's not noticeable, since it kind of, "retracts" in with the rest of the frame and does not look obvious at all. It's hard to describe, but originally I wanted a shoulder strap, but now I really like this handle more than the idea of a stroller strap, it is VERY comfortable to hold the handle. The rain cover fits nicely on it and the travel bag is AWESOME! You could fit pretty much any umbrella style stroller in it, so it will be very versatile for the stroller fanatic who travels often. The harness buckle is kind of bulky, I was surprised by how wide the straps seem to be, but it's a minor thing. I wish that there was a little velcro pocket on the back of the seat, like my techno, for the rain cover, but that's another minor issue. It is a very long stroller though, I can tell w/o even comparing it to my techno that folded up, it is probably longer and the wt of the stroller is probably similar to my techno. However, I do like that it doesn't need those stupid hinge covers. For the price, this thing is a steal. It oozes quality and it is a sharp looking stroller. I'm definitely looking forward to using it. It is still kind of stiff when I try to open and fold it, but I am thinking it is probably b/c it is brand new.

Anyway, if you are on the fence about this stroller, get it! It is so much nicer than I thought it would be and the purple is just so pretty, I can't get over how pretty it is, while at the same time looking sleek and modern. I feel like my plaid techno is going to look shabby next to my starck, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

You two are killing me. I should have just bought it when it was $50 and then it wouldn't even matter if I didn't like it much. Argh!
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Thanks for your supplementary review. I am so happy that you love it! I can't wait to see pics of the purple.

I should have emphasized more in my review that the quality of the materials and attention to detail that you can see went into designing the stroller really wow you when you see it IRL. You do a better job of getting that across in your review.

I love mine too. It's both so beautiful and so functional.

ETA: Sorry Roseyloxs. Seriously. GET IT. You need a travel bag anyway, right?

I fear now if I buy it that it will be back to $50 tomorrow. Just my luck. Was shipping expensive?
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast