Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We carried DD1 in the Ergo till well past 2 - but she was probably only 28 lbs at that age. We stopped more because of her age and squirminess than her weight. We continued to use the Ergo on hikes till about 3.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We used ours till T was 3 and huge (like close to 40 pounds)

We use ours now with a just shy of 30 pound 2 year old.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Still very usable at 2.5yrs

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Ds1 was big on being held/carried for a looooong time.

He'll be 5 in a few weeks and he rode in the Ergo a few times last fall. So, age 4.5 and 30-ish pounds. He rode for 30 minutes or so to rest his legs and my back didn't get sore at all after. Ds2 rode most of the time that day (he was only 8 months or so). Honestly, it was great to be able to carry Ds1 back to the car at the end of a few all day events (music festival, fall fest, etc). Didn't have to worry about him getting separated either. Granted, Ds1 is on the light/small side, but it was no trouble to carry Ds2 in our arms for a little while and let Ds2 hitch a ride.

In fact, we were wishing we'd brough the Ergo recently on a nighttime hike we thought Ds1 would enjoy but he fell asleep. It was waaaaay harder carrying him piggyback or on my shoulders!

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ours got stolen when DS2 was around 18 months. I think I would still be using it (he just turned two) but DH would not, because he never got the hang of the back carry. If you will be having another child, I'd get one for sure; if not, I might still get one, but I'd make sure that I felt very comfortable getting him on and off my back, because not every one ends up liking that and a bigger toddler can't really be in front. The resale value is fairly high, if you have the patience to try to sell it when you are done.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

Another thing to keep in mind- Ergos are a HOT resale item. They are hard to find used, but easy to sell. I use mine constantly with my monkey-girl, and anytime we go into a resale store they are letting me know that they will buy it when I'm done. They sell well on Craiglist too.

So get it now- enjoy it, and resell when done.
    Becca- 02/2009

Um, I used mine a few months ago to carry DS on a hike when he got tired. He's 4.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2