Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I would like to officially start the "I mommylamb" club now.

Seriously, I am always glad to see your posts. They are very informative, no matter which side of the issue I am on.
    I'll join.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I would like to officially start the "I mommylamb" club now.

Seriously, I am always glad to see your posts. They are very informative, no matter which side of the issue I am on.
    I'll join too
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You are all very kind :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    You are all very kind :-)
    You deserve it!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I read this today and thought it was so well written I wanted to share it. I think what is happening in Wisconsin needs to be viewed as part of a much larger context.
    The monsters aren't Wisconsin's public employees whose right to collective bargaining has helped their families lead middle-class lives, and who have repeatedly declared their willingness to return to the table and negotiate a shared sacrifice. The monsters are on Wall Street, where state pension funds were sunk into toxic sub-prime mortgage-backed securities. The monsters are on K Street, where lobbyists are fighting financial industry oversight. The monsters are the politicians who are using Wisconsin's deficit as a pretext to demonize public employees and bust their unions.
    Here's a link to the whole piece on truthout.

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by septmama2b View Post
    I read this today and thought it was so well written I wanted to share it. I think what is happening in Wisconsin needs to be viewed as part of a much larger context.

Here's a link to the whole piece on truthout.
    I would add to the list of monsters those CEOs and CFOs and other high ranking people in banking and finance who get million+ bonuses while the public employees are stripped of their benefits. I have three words for them:

GO TO H3LL!
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27