Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blondflava View Post
    Thanks for sharing... I was supposed to have the Mirena inserted and the doctor couldn't do it (I had c-section and supposedly my cervix was as closed as it could only be). I was scheduled to come for a re-insertion (plus dilating my cervix at the same time) but changed my mind and went back to the Nuvaring. The whole experience was rather unpleasant and they compared the cramping while dilating to the childbirth cramps (so not looking towards that). I think I was one of the weird cases..
    My childless sister couldn't manage to have one inserted and had a really miserable time when they did try. With my first IUD they did it while I had my period b/c you are naturally somewhat dilated then I guess. With my 2nd I was 8w pp and it was a non issue even though I didn't have my pd.

Beth

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blondflava View Post
    Thanks for sharing... I was supposed to have the Mirena inserted and the doctor couldn't do it (I had c-section and supposedly my cervix was as closed as it could only be). I was scheduled to come for a re-insertion (plus dilating my cervix at the same time) but changed my mind and went back to the Nuvaring. The whole experience was rather unpleasant and they compared the cramping while dilating to the childbirth cramps (so not looking towards that). I think I was one of the weird cases..
    I also had a c/s and mine was a difficult insertion because my cervix was pretty tightly closed. The dr was able to dilate the cervix and get it in. It was uncomfortable for maybe ten minutes. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thank you all for posting your experiences. I considered the Mirena, but went with the BCP. I may someday go with the Mirena b/c it would be so nice not to have to remember to reorder and take the BCP, and wouldn't it be nice to have very scant to no periods!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2