I need your help once again! We just purchased the Ergo Performance Carrier in spring green--lovely looking carrier, but I need help with getting our 15 week old DS to like it. He's only experienced our old Ergo before, which was the standard kind, and we never used an insert with it because DS always felt too big for it. Instead, we would put DS in a cradle position with his legs sticking out one of the sides. He used to like it a lot when he was smaller (e.g., 6-8 weeks??), though he would mainly sleep when he'd be in the Ergo.

Now DS is 15 weeks old, and I can't tell you exactly how much he weighs (~13.5-14 lbs?) and he is ~ 26 inches if not longer. I would love to use the Ergo to carry DS around the house when I wash my pumping bottles right after I come home from work and he wants mommy time, and also when we go places and don't want to use the stroller.

Basically, when I leave little space between him and my chest by tightening the shoulder straps, he doesn't like it (this is also the kid who doesn't like the swaddled!) and when I leave too much room, he will start turning his head from side to side and not like the mere act of doing so (maybe not being able to see when he is facing me while turning his head, I don't know) and will get fussy shortly thereafter. He wants to be able to see what's going on around him--that's one thing that's clear. His legs seem long enough for this position. Also, when he gets sleepy, he has trouble getting into a comfy position and falling asleep in the Ergo, so again fusses and I take him out. Maybe you can give me some ideas for what I am doing wrong or how to make him more comfy or get him to like it. Then, DH will no longer have to wash our pumping bottles because I'll have way too much time to get stuff done around the house when I get back home from work!!!