DS turned two in November and was evaluated by the state EI program in January and missed the cut off by two point for speech qualification. We have started private speech session. At the evaluation we were given a sensory processing measure. Some of the areas come up as a concern and the evaluator suggested we get an OT evaluation. She said his scoring indicated he has a Sensory Processing Disorder. Insurance is not likely to cover any of this. We still haven't gotten a response if they will cover his speech. I am going to have him reevaluated by the EI program since they just evaluated for speech. Has anyone had any success of getting services from the EI program with SPD? At 3 DS can be evaluated by the school system, but I don't want to wait until November.

I would also love any advice from anyone about SPD. I have a list of books to get from previous threads.

DS is a biter and is in daycare fulltime. In the past week he has bitten three times. One of the suggestions was to move him to a smaller Montessori setting. Any thoughts?