Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by babyready View Post
    I would be absolutely fine with that as long as it was not during a mealtime. If the party is 11-1, then I would think people would expect more food. But as long as you time it right, snacks and cake are plenty, IMO. Who wants to spend all their time at a jump place eating anyway?
    I agree.

I also would add that whatever food is available should be available for all of the guests, parents included. I recall taking my older son to parties during/near a meal time when he was in Kindergarten, so when I was pregnant with my younger son, and standing around starving because the parents decided that lunch meant only lunch for the kids. I will never do that to anyone, ever.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

cake alone, i would totally be disappointed (my kids are not huge sweet people, so that would mean maybe nothing for them at all). However, what you are suggesting, cake and snacks, would be awesome! Even just an alternative snack for people who don't eat/like cake would be good.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't mind so long as its not directly at lunch time.

Our local pump it up has some sort of reduced price for the early morning slot. We have been to 2 parties (1 at 9am the other at 915) where they got that reduced price and they just served bagels cut into quarters or donuts and cake. You should ask at your local pump it up about cheaper morning slots . . .
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Neelloc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

As long as it isn't over a mealtime, I think just snacky things are fine.
    I've got 3!!!!
    2 primary school DD's and a toddler DS!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thank you all soo much for your input!

DH and I finally decided what we are going to do. We couldn't fathom spending almost $400 (including food/drinks, and goody bags) on a birthday party when we could have a party for $150 less on a weekday. Plus we thought we'd rather use the $400 and buy Disney passes again. So we decided that we'd rather spend less maybe $150 max and have a bounce house in the back yard, have pink lemonade (DD1 loves the Pinkalicious' Pink Lemonade book) and pizza, and do some sort of craft. We also decided that we'd just invite the girls from preschool, and one friend from daycare, so a max of 15 kids, and send in treats on the following Monday at school and daycare.

Thanks again!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

DH and I finally decided what we are going to do. We couldn't fathom spending almost $400 (including food/drinks, and goody bags) on a birthday party when we could have a party for $150 less on a weekday. Plus we thought we'd rather use the $400 and buy Disney passes again. So we decided that we'd rather spend less maybe $150 max and have a bounce house in the back yard, have pink lemonade (DD1 loves the Pinkalicious' Pink Lemonade book) and pizza, and do some sort of craft. We also decided that we'd just invite the girls from preschool, and one friend from daycare, so a max of 15 kids, and send in treats on the following Monday at school and daycare.

Thanks again!
    Sounds like a perfect plan.

Laurel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks again!
    Honestly, I would prefer this party a billon times more than Pump it Up. I hate Pump it Up. Good decision!
    Laurel

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sounds like it'll be a fun party.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks again!
    Sounds fun and like a much better use of the money! Expensive parties make me
    K

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    Honestly, I would prefer this party a billon times more than Pump it Up. I hate Pump it Up. Good decision!
    I would prefer this too, and I think DD would have a blast at a party like you've described. Have fun!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast