Default Favorite woven wrap?

I've got a Gypsymama gauze wrap which I'm getting the hang of (slowly!) and as DS gets bigger I'm thinking it's time to get a more supportive woven wrap. What have you tried and liked? It's humid where I am in the summer, and I found my stretchy wrap (a cuddlywrap) too much even indoors, so something on the light side would probably work best for me.

Our local brick-and-mortar shop doesn't carry any of the big brands; they just have two Canadian wraps, Chimparoo and Koa-Koa.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have an EllaRoo organic wrap, but the Gypsymama gauze should be WONDERFUL for summertime, as its a bit lighter-weight than the EllaRoo. Do you know about their YouTube channel?

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WrapsodyBaby

You can get EllaRoo online at Amazon and a variety of other small vendors, but I think you are fine with your GypsyMama!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Vatanais are great summer wraps because they're woven and thin. Piece of Cloth sells them in the states.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Honestly, I'd check with the mama's at thebabywearer.com in the wrap forum. There's also a great FSOT forum for buying as well.

I'm on the babywearer.com forums as well, but they can be a bit overwhelming; most of the folks there have several wraps, and I'm thinking one more should be it. I have thought of the Vatanai, but I'm big on being able to feel and try something before buying it.

I do know about Gypsymama's youtube page; I don't have the DVD so I've been relying on her videos instead. The main reason I'd like something a bit more supportive is that my wriggly 10 mos kiddo doesn't do well with any of the two-layer carries (eg hip carry, short front cross carry), but for now the gauze wrap is doing OK.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't get to use it much before switching to SSCs, but I really liked Zara cotton wraps! My favorite stretchy wrap was the Wrapsody/Gypsymama stretch, and I felt like the Zara was very similar minus the super stretch. I also really liked Neobulle wraps.

I'm a didy girl, and if I had to choose one... maybe petrol fishes or marigold.

The fishes are thin cotton, but still supportive in a multi layer.

Marigold is a linen blend, strong support but cool in hot weather.

I can't imagine you could find many to try outside of a baby wearing meeting.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.