♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default how to make BH contractions less uncomfortable?

i'm 34 weeks and have recently started feeling major BH contractions left and right. they're not super-painful, but sometimes they are so strong i feel nauseous (kind of like the feeling like i've just been punched in the stomach). i've also been getting the dreaded leg cramps and some muscle weakness, and major soreness in my lower back. have done some searching and it seems like staying hydrated, calcium supplements and epsom salt baths etc should help. any other tips/suggestions? i cant' imagine another ~6 weeks with these going on! i don't remember having it this bad when preggo with DS.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Upping your calcium/magnesium and taking daily epsom salt baths WILL help-- A LOT usually. Did you read this thread about constant contractions? I wrote my experience with non-stop contractions.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=386722
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks for the reply! yeah i saw that thread, and was very helpful (i sent my DH out to the store to get more epsom salts & Gatorade etc after reading that!)

was wondering about the magnesium though..i tend to avoid magnesium supplements bc they tend to give me diarrhea. i do take calcium everyday (those calcium gummies), but not sure if that's enough. am wondering if it would be better to take a cal-mag supplement?