Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need (family) birthday party ideas for Easter weekend

DD's birthday is close to Easter this year and for the family get together we will do it on Easter (we typically host Easter anyway). Any thoughts to a theme? DD turns 6 and said she wanted princess but I thought maybe for the home party I could do something else since she is having a party w/ her class. I wanted to do a Lego themed party for her but she is meh on it so I thought maybe for the family party we could incoroprate some Lego stuff.

Or theme it around spring colors...pinks, green, yellow

We always do an Egg Hunt for Easter....we could do some birthday related "stuffers" (what though?)

We are planning a party for her school friends another weekend at a gymnastics place...is it weird to do a princess theme (really just plates, balloons, cupcakes) when the boys are invited too? The main part is not princess but gymnastics. I have to brainstorm goodybag items...I don't want BOC but need something good for both genders.

I do have these ribbon wand things that I found at Discount School Supply like 3 years ago super cheap.

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...=&Brand=&Price= Basically a stick with a long piece of nylon fabric attached, but it is decent quality. I was going to have a carnival party several years ago and never did....would this be appropriate for this age group in the party bag?

Sorry I'm all over the place....but I'd love someone to brainstorm with me
    Last edited by alien_host; 03-01-2011 at 01:37 PM.