View Poll Results: Do you use a shopping cart cover?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, every time

32 32.32%
  • No, never

41 41.41%
  • Occasionally

21 21.21%
  • Other

5 5.05%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Shopping cart covers

In light of this article, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41838546...and_parenting/, it made me wonder if I should start using my shopping cart cover with DD. I don't use it now unless the cart is outside and metal and too cold. I will probably use it in the summer since the carts will be hot and I don't want DD to get a burn. Do you use a cover? Why or Why not?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

hm, i wasn't sure how to vote. i have a shopping cart cover, but i maybe only use it half the time i go out with DS. i use it mostly when it's super cold (or super hot), or when it's raining and all the carts have been left outside and are wet etc. or sometimes the carts are super grimy from food, trash or whatever people leave in them (hello Costco) so i use it then. but other than that, i don't use it everytime bc it's just another thing to have to bring.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, I use mine all the time! In high chairs in restaurants as well. And I wash it pretty frequently too. I have the floppy seat cart cover. Love it.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When DS (now 3) was a baby, I always used my shopping cart cover. Now that he's old enough to know not to suck on the handle, I don't use it, but I make sure to wipe the handle and the seat and any other part of the cart he might touch with a disinfecting wipe.

DD is still in in her infant carrier or in the Ergo, but once she sits in the shopping cart seat, I will probably pull my shopping cart cover out again.

What really grosses me out is Costco's set up with no disinfecting wipes (at least at mine) and food samples all around the store. I'm a nazi with my hand sanitizer there.

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the floppy seat and I use it every time we go to a restaurant or shopping. I actually have two...one for each car so we are never without it.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

I try to...we have a Buggy Bagg and love it. DD calls it her "couch".

Sometimes I can't locate it in the trunk
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use about 3-4 disinfecting wipes and wipe down every possible surface DD could touch.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Every single solitary time. My guy's aged out of those, but we used ours every time. Shopping carts, and also restaurant high chairs. I don't trust the germy carts to have been wiped down with disinfectant. Or the high chairs to be cleaned in between kids who are drooling on them and spilling their food (and I guarantee they're not). Let's put it this way. DS's diaper had leaked all ove the place while he was in a high chair, and I had no idea until I was out the restaurant to my car and realized something is wet here, and it was him. That means pee all over the high chair, and I felt bad that it happened cuz I always clean up after myself, but this is an instance that I couldn't catch it and so the next baby gets to sit in my son's pee. Even if it's dried. Yay for them.

Use the cart cover. Every time.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    I use about 3-4 disinfecting wipes and wipe down every possible surface DD could touch.
    We did this, too. Even before the cover went on. Took me 4 years to stop wiping stuff down.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When my oldest was an infant, I had one I used a handful of times when the carts were wet but it was too big of a bother. I tossed it eventually and never worried about it with the youngest. I don't clean the seats or wipe the handles, nothing.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast