View Poll Results: Do you use a shopping cart cover?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, every time

32 32.32%
  • No, never

41 41.41%
  • Occasionally

21 21.21%
  • Other

5 5.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Never. As the article says, those germs are everywhere, shopping carts are hardly the dirtiest places. But it does gross me out that (1) people put raw chicken in shopping carts [I am a vegetarian] and (2) apparently people don't know how to wash their hands after going to the bathroom. That is gross.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Where is the option for used it all the time for DS1, sporadically for DS2, and rarely for DD... I do wipe it down really good with a clorox wipe though...
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

I always use mine. Years ago I saw a kid have a diaper blowout in one of those seats without a cover while I was grocery shopping. I guess you can say it scarred me for life, because now I'm a bit OCD about using my Floppy Seat.
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a shopping cart cover. I used it maybe once or twice. Fortunately, it was a hand me down, so I didn't waste money on it. I'm not germophobic at all, and DS is one of the healthiest kids I've ever seen. I think we're going on our second full year of no sick visits at his ped, and he's only 3.

I'm a no, never. We got a cart cover as a gift, and it was such a PITB--used it once & threw it out! If the wipes are available we will use them.

However, our kid very rarely sits in a cart. Most of the time he's in his stroller.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

This was the one thing when I was pregnant with DD1 that I thought WTH, am I ever going to use that for, just one more thing to keep in the car, and I am not a germaphobe at all, but do appreciate the wipes for the carts (this is DD1's job now to wipe the handle). Then my DCP gave me her old Floppy Seat and I became addicted. I used with DD1 all the time, and now use it with DD2 all of the time. It even works on Costco shopping carts (although it's not super snug).

We only have used it occaisionally with the high chair at the restaurant though.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I had one....thought I'd use it. Gave it away, still in the bag and never used when DS was 18 mo. Shopping cart handles are gross...that's why we wash our hands after shopping. Besides...there are plenty of places that are just as gross. Check your mouse lately...even better...one at the library where anyone and everyone uses it?

We just try to be good about washing our hands frequently.

I do appreciate the wipes...but rarely manage to use them. But I'm definitely from the "A little dirt never hurt anyone" camp.

I am pretty diligent during flu season, but slack off during warm weather months.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is either in the cart with a cover or he is on me in a baby carrier.

After reading all these responses, I tried to put DS in a shopping cart WITHOUT a cover... it was a disaster! DS is one year old, and a teething maniac. He kept trying to bite the cart everywhere. Gross! I eventually had to carry him while pushing the cart at the same time. Never again!
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast