Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    I would go with Command Hooks (is that the right name? The kind that are removable and don't put a hole in the wall)

I put up 3 Command hooks near our regular coat rack so that my boys could hang their coats. I got the kind that can have up to 5lbs on them. They have different hooks, with different strengths - even ones that look kind of fancy (pewter finish).

The nice thing about them is that when your kids grow, and you need to move the hooks up, they include extra sticky adhesive strips, so you can reposition them.

The ones we have now are really sturdy and get used daily
    OK, I've been wondering about these. I can imagine my kids not being gentle, maybe even pulling on them etc... Do you think they would withstand that type of abuse on a daily basis?

Thanks everyone for the ideas!!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Quote Originally Posted by gobadgers View Post
    OK, I've been wondering about these. I can imagine my kids not being gentle, maybe even pulling on them etc... Do you think they would withstand that type of abuse on a daily basis?

Thanks everyone for the ideas!!
    If you want I can take a pic of them right now, with what my boys have on them. I can't remember if we have the 3lb hooks or the 5lb hooks.

I think the key is not to put it up too high so that the kids aren't pulling anything down off them (if this makes sense).

Ours have only been up a few weeks, so I can't speak for longterm use, but hey, they are really cheap, so if they suck, it was only like $4 wasted. They seem really sturdy, though. I would be surprised if they don't last.

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    If you want I can take a pic of them right now, with what my boys have on them. I can't remember if we have the 3lb hooks or the 5lb hooks.

I think the key is not to put it up too high so that the kids aren't pulling anything down off them (if this makes sense).

Ours have only been up a few weeks, so I can't speak for longterm use, but hey, they are really cheap, so if they suck, it was only like $4 wasted. They seem really sturdy, though. I would be surprised if they don't last.
    Thanks! I just might try these. It's just not a big risk if they don't work - and if they do work, great!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oops, double post.
    Last edited by essnce629; 03-03-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the wall mounted hook rails. We have one similar to this one that we got at Target for around the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Hardwa...9146520&sr=1-2

It's very strong and I often have one or two diaper bags hanging off it plus DS1's fully loaded backpack plus all the reusable bags that need to go back in the car.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have something from Lowe's like the one just above - in white for $16.xx. We have one up high for adults, one about waist high for the DC. My 4yo can hang hers, but my 3.5 yo can't quite do it by himself. We also put a PBK canvas wall-bucket way below the coat hook board for hats and gloves. It's funny because we are always overflowing that area. Each DC has a winter coat, a fleece, and a lightweight coat, plus a raincoat which is WAY too much for the one rack. Although I'm a fan of 3M hooks (huge fan!) I feel like the wall-mounted coat rack hooks give you more hooks b/c they have 2 prongs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2