Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah! I think you will really love using cloth wipes!

I know lots of people use the Thermos pump, so hopefully you will like that.

Here's what I do: I have a wipes warmer. I add a stack of dry wipes to it every 2 days, and pour hot water over top of the wipes. That's it! They stay nice and warm and its an easy one-hand job to use them.

I also have some wipes "potions" that I mix into the water when I feel like it (you don't have to rinse it off, it's like using a disposable baby wipe, you don't rinse after using them either). I have a water bottle with a lid I put the hot water into, add some wipes potion/soap, and shake well. Then pour over the stack of wipes.

OR you can buy a spray that you spray directly onto baby's bottom, then wipe with wet cloth wipe (or spray it directly onto the wipe if you baby freaks out by being sprayed ).
    You could do this with your Thermos set up too!

Here ya go, I love all of these! You could use any of them with your set up:

Baby Bits Wipes Soap: (makes 90 cups!) This is what I pour over my wipes, or you can put it into a spray bottle.
    http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/produ...swipessolution

Northern Essence Wipes Foam
    http://www.northernessence.com/catalog.php?category=61

Kissaluvs Diaper Potion Lotion Spray
    http://www.abbyslane.com/catalog.php?item=517

California Baby Diaper Area Wash (sold at Target too!; can be sprayed or mixed with water and poured over your wipes).
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...JM6ECMB9TRQ7M3

Wipes warmer: Used this one through 2 children
    http://www.amazon.com/Products-Dual-.../dp/B000XBDY9K
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love cloth wipes for many of the reasons mentioned above.

I usually pour a cup of water mixed with a bit of LuSa Organics wipe juice over the cloth wipes and then keep them in an old disposable wipes container. I usually "make" about 2 days worth of wipes at a time and the process takes about 30 seconds. We've never messed with a wipes warmer and DS doesn't seem to mind either way. We've also used plain water but the LuSa solution seems to work a little better and I love the smell. One bottle has lasted us a year.

Oh yeah! How could I forget the Lusa wipes juice! That's what we're using right now!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My favorite Cloth Wipes maker on hyenacart is PicassoTums. Hope she's still around if DC2 is a girl so I can buy more!

We keep a small spray bottle full of water at home and in the diaper bg. I get them in the travel bottle section of the drug store or the Container Store. We tried adding wipe soap but DS is sensitive and we've had no problem with plain water going bad. We also have one little foaming container (a leftover sample size from one of the organic wipes cleaners) that we add Dr. Brommers Baby and water too. That makes a nice foamy cleaner that we use to clean up DS in the mornings, since he can have some stinky pee pee at night.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks again everyone...hmm that LuSa wipes juice sounds cool, i may have to give that a shot. maybe i will try using that & old wipes container for DD and then use the thermos thingy for DS...

and DH just installed the minishower today..OMG, i am KICKING myself for not getting this sooner! it makes things SO much easier. i can't believe i spent so much time doing the dunk & swish (multiple times were sometimes needed)...sometimes it was so bad i had to even rinse off stuff in the bathtub..so nasty...this minishower makes things so much easier! i had just been using flushable liners which worked great for awhile, but lately DS's poop would often get super-pasty and tons of crap would get on the prefold & cover (ew), and sometimes that stuff had to be like, blasted off. lol.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Oh yeah, the mini-shower ROCKS! I always tell people, I don't think I could cut it long-term cloth diapering my kids if I didn't have the mini-shower. I would have given up long ago when the peanut-buttery-poop stage came!
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2