Default Need bottle weaning advice

My DD just turned one last week and we haven't been to ped yet but have been transitioning her to whole milk over the past couple weeks. I just cut out two bottles so she only gets her morning and night bottle. I have half can of formula left to use then that's it. I think getting rid of the am bottle will be worse than night bottle. Any suggestions? Did you all just go cold turkey or put milk in their bottles for a bit. I need suggestions to get this bottle stuff done.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are in the exact same boat as you right now... I didn't think we'd have any problems getting rid of the bottle because she has never seemed that attached to it but boy was I wrong.

She had always drank milk and water out of a sippy cup with no problem during her meals but the first morning I tried to sit in "our spot" with a sippy full of milk instead of a bottle she screamed like no tomorrow. So, after that adventure we've decided to wean slowly. I got rid of her midday bottle but she is currently getting milk in a bottle in the am and the pm. I will next get rid of the pm bottle because she seems less interested in that one.

I figure there is really no rush and I can wean her gradually over the next couple of months.
    DD Spring 2010