Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have Amazon credit so I was browsing and found these: http://www.amazon.com/Pororo-Stainle...918759&sr=8-13

http://www.amazon.com/Pororo-stainle...1918986&sr=1-1

I wonder if the plastic lid would hold up well. Also, my kids might think it's weird since they never heard of those characters. But it's one of the only alternatives I see to the planetbox at a lower pricepoint.

We use a California Innovations cooler pack from Costco (it came with an ice pack and a SS bottle for under $10). It's lead and PVC free and the liners zips out and can be washed, which is a real boon.

http://www.ilovecostco.com/costco-lunch-box-bag

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Will a planetbox fit in any other lunch bags, like a Star Wars lunch bag from PBK, or do you have to use their own lunch bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Will a planetbox fit in any other lunch bags, like a Star Wars lunch bag from PBK, or do you have to use their own lunch bag?
    The PB measurements are 10 inches x 7.5 inches x 1.5 inches.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That looks like a great lower cost alternative Melaine.

I bought a planetbox recently and thought I'd update...
    We really, really love it. The box is so easy to clean--I didn't realize what a PITA the laptop lunch really was until I switched. One piece, can go in the dishwasher, or I can hand wash in 5 seconds. DS is 5 and he has NO problems operating it himself--or the dipper containers. The little dipper is a great size for us. I LOVE the lunch bag. It really works with the whole system. We use a SS camelbak and the drink pocket is perfect. Sorry for those of you who have the older style bag.

As for the questions about bread size earlier...yeah, it is an issue. I do usually use a lunch punch, so it isn't a problem for us---but the compartment is small for larger size wheat bread. Yes, I have had some issues with fitting apple slices too. We use a apple cutter and those wedges are pretty big. I've either used two compartments, or put the slices in the big dipper in the outside bag pocket.

Hmmmm dang it. I was kind of hoping for a less enthusiastic review.
    I still want them then! Glad they are working out well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7