Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Couch to 5K - week 2!

Just finished Day 1 of Week 2 and I'm totally impressed with myself Anyone else doing it right now? I have 10lbs to lose and I'm doing this and entering my food info into myfitnesspal.com each day. I know these last 10lbs will be tough to lose, but I'm hopeful
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not doing it right now (did it last year), but I just wanted to say CONGRATS on making it to week 2!!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Where were you, in terms of exercise/endurance before you started? How are you finding it? I know the point is couch to...but were you exercising before you started? Just wondering. I would love to do this when the weather here turns a bit warmer in a few weeks. Congratulations!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

I was just looking at this this afternoon. I'm confused though - is it a book? something you download? How did you get started? Congrats on making it to week two!

Colleen

congrats!!! I think I am going to start this tomorrow, I think I will start with week 2 as I have done the program before when I was a total couch potato, but now i have been working out since november. I LOVE this program and love the chubby jones podcasts. I think i am going to do the C210K by september.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZaz View Post
    I was just looking at this this afternoon. I'm confused though - is it a book? something you download? How did you get started? Congrats on making it to week two!

Colleen
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

there are lots of podcasts, too - some to music and some just telling you when to start and stop.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That's awesome! Congratulations! I did C25k a year or two ago (before DS) and then sort of a lazy version this past summer after he was born. I still "run" a 5k in about 42 minutes, but I'm proud of myself for doing it! Keep going!!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm totally impressed. I started it out and ended up quitting last year. I was just struggling to much with my asthma and anxiety at the time. I just need something a little less intense!
    But I think it is a great program and I'm sure you will succeed!

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! To answer some questions...I was not working out before starting. I'm not technically overweight, but would like to lose 10lbs to get back to my pre-pg weight. I tried a few podcasts and like the Chubby Jones one the best, but finally decided to buy the C25K app for my iphone (the green icon one for $2.99) and use my own music. A male voice just says "run" or "walk" when it's time. I find that I'm much more motivated when I enjoy the music and can sing along. I'm currently doing it on my treadmill at a 1% incline. I'm also doing it every other day instead of 3 days/week.

Let me know if anyone starts it so we can motivate each other!!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

I'm glad to hear other mommies are doing this! I'm planning on starting it in two weeks when our weather clears up-I hate running on treadmills with a passion, and want to be able to take DD along in her jogging stroller, at least for the first few weeks.
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast