Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post
    I'm also doing it every other day instead of 3 days/week.

Let me know if anyone starts it so we can motivate each other!!
    I started this program last week on my treadmill too...but I am having problems figuring out what speed I should be going...they had a breakdown of the treadmill program but w/out speed setting which I would personally find helpful to gage things for myself.

Today I did a "fast walk or jog" at 3 % incline at 3.7 mph for 35 mins with a 5 min warm up...(I try to cool down with some floor exercise)...it registers a little more then 2 miles. Don't know if it is good or not but I feel like I am getting a work out!

I am trying to build up to a 4.0 miles over the next 2 weeks. I try to do it everyday but it has ended up being more like 5Xs a week.

My goal is too lose wieght but I have not been successful with that at all since I started serioulsy working out in Jan but I do feel like I am in better shape overall by the exercise....just haven't lost an ounce of weight yet...bit frustrating. But, why I started doing this program in hopes to lose some weight.

If you happen to find a program with the speeds for the treadmill I would love to see it!

Best of luck!!

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think the speeds of the treadmill vary by person. I can tell you that I do the brisk walk at 4.3 and the run at 5.8. You want to push yourself during the run, but not so much that you are out of breathe. If you can talk then you are doing okay. The first day I did it I walked at 3.8 and ran at 4.5, but I could tell at the end that I needed to push myself a little more. I would just play with the speeds and see what works for you. And from what I have read the 1% incline more closely mimics outdoor running than keeping the treadmill at 0.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow I am very impressed. Way to go!!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2