boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Another tasty WW PP recipe-- Greek Style Stuffed Peppers

I hope I'm not irritating anyone with posting these recipes, but I'm always happy when I find a good, tasty, low points meal.

I made these last night after DD was in bed to have tonight for dinner, and they were really good. I think that for 5 WW Points Plus, they are an absolute steal. I didn't have any zucchini, so I subbed shredded carrot. I also think you could use a full teaspoon of oregano for more flavor-- it wasn't very much seasoning for the amount of filling it made, but it was still really good as written.

I had one half for dinner with salad with Newman's Own Light Italian dressing, and still can't believe it was only a 7 point meal total.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not annoying at all! It's awesome to have new recipes to throw into the mix. I'm not a fan of greek food, really, but I love stuffed peppers and have never tried to make them myself. This is on the meal plan for next week!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Also, is it weird that I have no idea what bulghur is?
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    Also, is it weird that I have no idea what bulghur is?
    I don't think it's weird...we've only been eating it in the last few years. It's parboiled wheat. It cooks really quickly and is tasty and has tons of fiber. Here, it's like a more fibrous stand-in for the rice that is normally in stuffed peppers. The best part is that because it cooks quickly and has been parboiled, it doesn't suck up as much water, so you don't have to cook it before you add it to the stuffing mixture.

As to your comment about Greek food, I have to admit that they really don't taste particularly Greek...it wasn't much oregano and I think you could easily sub out the 1/3 cup feta on top for 1/3 cup grated parmesan if you prefer. I think they have the same points. HTH!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06