Thread: Adoption gift?

Default Adoption gift?

My dear friend and her husband have just found out that they will be able to finalize the adoption of their two foster sons next week. The boys are three and six years old. They live a 4 hour drive away, and we won't be able to visit with them in person for at least a month (so we can't take them out to dinner to celebrate, unless we just wait a while). I'd like to send a gift to acknowledge this special occasion, and I can't seem to come up with any meaningful ideas (and we recently celebrated both boys' birthdays together, so I'm looking for something different than a toy/game).

I would love your suggestions for something the whole family can appreciate/enjoy, that would be an appropriate commemoration of this joyful occasion. Thank you in advance!
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

Maybe this personalized print from etsy?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50874851...e-print-8-x-10

She could put both boys silhouette and names (maybe the Daniel & Caleb silhouette?) on the print

Ooh, that is so cute! Thank you, great idea!
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was thinking about a plaque that says "Families are Forever" and I came across this on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64949394...facet=handmade

If you search "families are forever" in Etsy, you'll find a bunch of ideas!
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

If you have a picture of the whole family, put it in a frame that says "Family".

Great ideas! Thank you, everyone!
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

We have a few little things to commerate when La became "forever".

She has a piggy bank with her birthday and her "forever family" day.

We had pictures professionally done for the occasion. I still love to look at those pictures and marvel that time frame when I was a "newborn" mom, with a 3 year old

I was given a mom's necklace with her birthstone.

We also started working on her life-story at that time. She was young enough, and I knew enough about her past, that I just took the time to write out her past story. However, they have customizable life story books all over the web. Depending on your budget, of course, and they can get spendy. Or maybe a gift card for a site with customizable life story books. I love that these books have pages that can be added or taken out, and can be made for any type of adoptive family there is (single mom, single dad, 2 moms, 2 dads)... well, unless it's for Charlie Sheen's family. I'm not sure there's a book for 1 dad, 1 mom, and 2 of dad's "goddesses"

I also love the "FAMILY" frames, if you happen to have pictures of all the family, either together or seperately, depending on the frame.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)