Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Ugh, I totally blew it last night. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down *two pounds* for the week, but then went to a birthday party last night. I was really good all day leading up to the party, knowing that my healthy choices would be limited. At the party, I drank only water, and had pizza and cake in very small quantities. I only snacked (lightly) on the veggies and cut-up fruit, no chips, dip or anything else...and now this morning, my official weigh-in day, I'm only down .6 pounds for the week.

So disappointing. I know it's not a race, that slow and steady is a good thing, and a loss of any amount is worth celebrating, but that 1.4 pounds (from a slice of plain pizza and a tiny piece of cake?!?) would have gotten me to over 20 pounds lost!

Ah well. Maybe next week.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

I gained .8 this week.

But, when I think back over the week... I started a part time job, my cat died and I have a terrible cold, I don't feel so bad about it. That's alot to deal with in a week and my only comfort right now is food... so, not too bad and hopefully this next week will bring better negative numbers.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    Ugh, I totally blew it last night. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down *two pounds* for the week, but then went to a birthday party last night. I was really good all day leading up to the party, knowing that my healthy choices would be limited. At the party, I drank only water, and had pizza and cake in very small quantities. I only snacked (lightly) on the veggies and cut-up fruit, no chips, dip or anything else...and now this morning, my official weigh-in day, I'm only down .6 pounds for the week.

So disappointing. I know it's not a race, that slow and steady is a good thing, and a loss of any amount is worth celebrating, but that 1.4 pounds (from a slice of plain pizza and a tiny piece of cake?!?) would have gotten me to over 20 pounds lost!

Ah well. Maybe next week.

Sarah
    I don't think the pizza and the cake made you gain 1.4 pounds. For starters, you need 3500 calories to gain a single pound, which I am certain you did not consume. I think that probably you 1) retained some water because of the salt in the pizza and 2) shouldn't weigh yourself the morning after an indulgence because it's misleading and depressing.

I would simply record the weight from the day before as your official weigh in OR I would weigh yourself tomorrow morning after having a healthy, no-indulgences day. It's perfectly normal for your weight to fluctuate a few pounds either way on a day to day basis because what and when you eat (and poop) fluctuates. That's why I am a HARD CORE Friday morning weigh-in gal - I *always* behave myself on Thursday, but I like to have an extra glass of wine or indulgent meal over the weekend, but don't want to see the scale the next day!

The other option is to see how much you're down next week - and I bet it's a lot more than you might otherwise expect!

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I gained .8 this week.

But, when I think back over the week... I started a part time job, my cat died and I have a terrible cold, I don't feel so bad about it. That's alot to deal with in a week and my only comfort right now is food... so, not too bad and hopefully this next week will bring better negative numbers.
    I am glad you are being gentle with yourself . You're dealing with a lot and it's totally OK to take a week off to compensate.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi everyone,
    I weighed in on Saturday and lost 2.6 lbs. I think I lucked up because DD and I had the Rotavirus during the week and for about 3 days all I ate was a couple of slices of white bread and water.

A little worried about his week. On Saturday evening I had a birthday party where they served pizza and cake (I LOVE cake) and wine (I LOVE wine) so I busted the diet way open. I did track everything and used my weekly points to cover the "overdose".

I bought myself a Weight watchers pedometer and have been using that daily when I walk the kids and dog. I like the step counter and timer, but I give myself an extra point for pushing about 70lbs of double stroller and children up and down hills that the pedometer can't take into account.

Also, I bought a monthly pass and have started tracking online. It is SO much easier!!

Have a good week, everyone!
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    I don't think the pizza and the cake made you gain 1.4 pounds. For starters, you need 3500 calories to gain a single pound, which I am certain you did not consume. I think that probably you 1) retained some water because of the salt in the pizza and 2) shouldn't weigh yourself the morning after an indulgence because it's misleading and depressing.
    Oh, I know it was likely water retention. It's entirely gone now after a couple of days of eating my normal healthy stuff. But it was a bit depressing.

In general I like having my week start on Sunday. I own a business that is open on Saturdays. It's typically very easy to be good on Saturdays, because I'm on my feet all day helping customers and rarely have more than a quick minute to eat a bite of lunch, and by the time I get home I'm too tired to contemplate going out to eat. Also, since it's a family business, family parties usually occur on Sundays: when I have a fresh count of weekly points...and a whole week to recover if need be!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Ok, I am finally back on track. I've been off for about 1 1/2 weeks, so now I'm ready to "be good" again. Yesterday, I even ate less than my points to try and make up for some of my overindulgences.

Y'all hold me accountable!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I wish this were some kind of April Fool's joke, but it's not. This week is the first week since I started WW that my weight did not budge at all. I weigh, to the ounce, exactly what I weighed last week. Grrrr. I fully admit that I cheated last weekend. I splurged. But I stayed on track every other day. And I had six days to recover.

Not happy.
    Green Tea, mom to three

I'm sorry. Maybe next week will be better. I do think plateaus are normal, but they are frustrating!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

I am interested for Sunday to get here. I've been sick all week, so I haven't eaten very much, but I have been drinking juice like there is no tomorrow. I just don't think orange juice when you have strep throat should count as points!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9