Default Birthday party ideas

So we're planning birthday parties here. Ds1 and Ds2 are 5 days apart and sandwiched right between Easter and Mother's Day this year...yikes!!

I need some help with ideas for Ds1's party, he's turning 8. He wants to have a Star Wars party at home. We're inviting 10-12 of his friends. We're going to run it similar to the Jedi Training Academy at Disney World. I'm making them all a jedi robe to put on when they arrive and then they are going to make light sabers as part of the party. We're going to teach them some moves and then DH is going to come out dressed as Darth Vader for the boys to fight.

The robes and light sabers are going to be their favors so we're all set with that. I have some really cool pictures from our Disney trip of him fighting Darth Vader which we're going to use on the invitations.

I would like to have 1-2 games for them to play in the middle but am stumped for ideas. Any good Star Wars themed games?
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no ideas for games and you didn't ask for this, but I saw this on the Williams Sonoma website while looking for Easter stuff:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ..._-NoMerchRules-_-
    Although you could make your own toppers with clip art and cardstock and toothpicks, but I thought these looked fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    I have no ideas for games and you didn't ask for this, but I saw this on the Williams Sonoma website while looking for Easter stuff:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ..._-NoMerchRules-_-
    Although you could make your own toppers with clip art and cardstock and toothpicks, but I thought these looked fun.

Those are cool!!! I might get them to use for his actual birthday since he wants cupcakes then. He's trying to decide on a cake ~ either one with his picture fighting Darth Vader (from invitation) screen printed on the cake or a cake in the shape of the Death Star or Millenium Falcon. Can you guess which one I'm encouraging
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Since I have b'day parties on the brain, I thought of a few things...keep in mind I have a girl (i.e. little Star Wars knowledge) and she is 5 - so maybe this is not great for 8 yo.

How about a Star Wars Trivia Game of some kind assuming the kids have a lot of Star Wars knowledge?

Star Wars Bingo (YODA)? You could make your own bingo cards and have YODA across the top (or other word). And have each square be a character (use stickers, print out?). You could call out: Y - Darth Vadar, O - Chewbacca etc. First to make 4 in a row wins.

The Jedi and Sabers sounds like a wonderful activity. Kudos for making the robes. As far as games, pinatas are usually a fun even for kids, and are great fun for adult guests to watch. I used this site on several occasions because they have great party stuff like this star wars games.

http://www.kidspartyworld.com/cgi-bi...ey=0001GAM3725