Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default AVOID the color bubbles

Went to Target this morning. DH is sick so I thought I'd get the kids something fun to do outside. I got them each a bottle of the color bubbles
    http://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Colore...9425162&sr=1-7
    Like this only just one jar each, not the kit. HOLY COW are they a mess. Really horrible. It got everywhere and my hand is still red from the ink. Never ever ever.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Wow, they get terrible reviews from everyone!! Thanks for the heads up, DD LOVES bubbles and I probably would have bought these if I had just seen them at the store. Yuck!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

And from Crayola, too! I bought something similar at the $ store last summer and didn't care for them, they stained Lula's clothes. But I'd expect more from Crayola. Bummer.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah obviously I didn't look at the amazon review -- total impulse purchase at Target. I emailed Crayola (which I very rarely do) since I have come to rely on Crayola for quality goods.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you for the warning! I actually grabbed these at Target last week thinking they looked really cool, but we haven't had a chance to use them yet. Looks like they'll be getting accidentally lost, since DS does not need that much help in making a mess.

yikes, those sound TERRIBLE. it also sounds like something i would buy... *i* love bubbles and i'm always up for a new gimmick! guess we'll stick to scented bubbles for our "fun" bubbles

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking about putting those in DS's Easter basket. Let us know Crayola's response.

Has anyone tried Zubbles?

Unlike Crayola's bubbles which just sound like some sort of an entrapped dye, Zubbles are made with a special dye that "disappears" (it goes from colored to clear) when you rub it.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

Quote Originally Posted by Penny's Pappa View Post
    Has anyone tried Zubbles?

Unlike Crayola's bubbles which just sound like some sort of an entrapped dye, Zubbles are made with a special dye that "disappears" (it goes from colored to clear) when you rub it.
    DId you see the prices on those $120 a gallon I'd love to try them but that's a bit pricey for bubbles
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

they have 4 oz size for 6.99..that's about what i paid for pustafix bubbles years ago in college..so it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me-- again, for the gimmick factor. we don't need a gallon of bubbles around here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast