My children are completely addicted to Poptropica and Webkinz World. What software is available to enforce time limits for children when using the computer? I want them to sign in with their name and get one hour of computer time each day, or something like that. I use Firefox or Internet Explorer and am running Windows 7.0 on a computer bought at Christmas. Any free software, anything for sale that you'd recommend?

I can see that on the Control Pane on Windows 7.0, I can limit the times of day the computer is available (i.e. only between 9 am and 6 pm), but I want to limit the total amount of time online. I have been trying and trying the AOL Parental Controls but I don't understand it - do they have to browse through AOL for it to work? Plus, it's not installing.

I also have an older computer that I prefer the kids to use with an older version of Windows. Any way to make the software work on an older computer too?

If you don't know what Poptropica is, don't look for it with your kids around. They'll get addicted too. It is all the rage among kids we know.