Default Software for kid time limits on the computer?

My children are completely addicted to Poptropica and Webkinz World. What software is available to enforce time limits for children when using the computer? I want them to sign in with their name and get one hour of computer time each day, or something like that. I use Firefox or Internet Explorer and am running Windows 7.0 on a computer bought at Christmas. Any free software, anything for sale that you'd recommend?

I can see that on the Control Pane on Windows 7.0, I can limit the times of day the computer is available (i.e. only between 9 am and 6 pm), but I want to limit the total amount of time online. I have been trying and trying the AOL Parental Controls but I don't understand it - do they have to browse through AOL for it to work? Plus, it's not installing.

I also have an older computer that I prefer the kids to use with an older version of Windows. Any way to make the software work on an older computer too?

If you don't know what Poptropica is, don't look for it with your kids around. They'll get addicted too. It is all the rage among kids we know.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

bump... I have to type more words to get the software to accept this post, so bumpity bumpity bump.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by american_mama View Post
    bump... I have to type more words to get the software to accept this post, so bumpity bumpity bump.
    I don't know of any software... is there anyway that you could use an old fashion pad and paper with a kitchen timer?

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There has to be some sort of software because our library has time limits on use and it tells you how long you have left. I will see if I can find something.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Your kids are probably older than mine, but for Dora I just tell her when she has 5 minutes left, then come back when 5 minutes are up. Can you just set a timer?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There are a bunch of programs that come up when you search on google. I am one my phone so it is hard to copy them. Cnet.com is a good resourch for software reviews.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10