Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SummerBaby View Post
    My older DD (now 6.5) was a darter, so I totally understand your situation. The monkey harness did not work for her at all. It's not very sturdy, and she was able to just shrug it off. She also would just either not walk in it, or would pull against it- picture a totally out of control untrained dog. I would make sure he will cooperate with it before you leave your stroller at home. I had to just keep my DD strapped into the stroller in a crowded, unsafe situation. She didn't like it, but at least she couldn't get out of it. Good luck!
    We have the same problem but this was us with the harness. Didnt work for us at all in the airport.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have this one and I think it would be pretty hard to shrug off.
    Our DD is a huge bolter and I make her wear it a lot. She wants to walk "all by myself" and doesn't mind the harness. I've gotten some looks from people but anyone who knows DD's personality totally gets why we need to use it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sunshine-Kids-...9519676&sr=8-6

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Why do ppl hate those harnessess so much? I'm totally thinking about getting one for DS (20 months) b/c he does NOT listen, no matter how stern or consistent w/ punishment we are.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD was a bolter when she was younger. She is the same age as your DS. She is not a bolter now. I don't really like the harness BUT if I had to use it I would, esp on a trip.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

[QUOTE=lowrioh;3064076 I've gotten some looks from people but anyone who knows DD's personality totally gets why we need to use it.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by barkley1 View Post
    Why do ppl hate those harnessess so much? I'm totally thinking about getting one for DS (20 months) b/c he does NOT listen, no matter how stern or consistent w/ punishment we are.
    I don't know why??
    I have considered getting one for DS (he just turned 2 and is getting a lot better about listening). I would much rather see a kid in a harness than a dog in a stroller (and I've seen lots of dogs in strollers!)

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    (and I've seen lots of dogs in strollers!)
    OMG, LOL. That, I have never seen.....

I understand some parents are lazy and don't make the effort to teach and/or discipline their children, but some parents try their best to no avail. For us, it would really be all about his safety, not our convenience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2