Looking for advice here...

You may or may not have seen my post a couple of weeks ago regarding "Kindergarten Readiness" for my 4 year old DD who will turn 5 in July.

Basically after speaking with her 3 preschool teachers they all agree that my DD is academically ready for K. They also agree she's very social, but to a point where it can be a distraction....she needs to be constantly reminded to stay focused on the task at hand, sit still, etc. etc. Apparently she's very aware of what everyone else is doing in the class to the point it becomes distracting, constantly looking around, gets up and moves around, etc.

1 teacher feels I should hold her back, the other 2 are on the fence.

What i'm trying to understand is what the expectations are of a child in K. Is it part of the K teacher's job to teach my child how to stay focused and to help her work through these "issues"? Or is she expected to know how to do this before K starts? Will she be a distraction for the other kids? Could this inturn cause her academic problems?

Her preschool teachers fear that because this is a really competitive school district ("K is the new 1st grade" as some people say), that this could cause problems for her in K.

Our district has a 9/1 cutoff and its pretty trendy to hold summer bdays back.