Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A different angle is to maybe re-evaluate his eating schedule. Sounds like he may not really be that hungry when it's time to eat. Maybe more time in between meals/snacks, and I know folks are always hesistant to wean, but my ped told us that if DS ate less at night, he'd eat more during the day. At 11 months, I believe that's when they start telling you that food is going to become more important than BM/formula soon....

Just a thought.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If the purees are working keep feeding him purees. Not every method here works for everyone so you are not a failure for BLW not working for you. My kids are night and day when comes to food. DD1 while she wasn't a big fan of purees still wanted to be spoon fed until she was over a year old and then finally realized that picking up food was fun. I had absolutely NO intention of BLW DD2 and well jeaze she picked it up like a champ right around 9 months, and eats lots of real food now. We still spoon feed though but instead of most of her food coming from purees (although sweet potatoes are still pureed) it's coming from ground up real food. Over the weekend she really enjoyed some salmon, and even bread pudding. The Kid Co food grinder is my savior.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A friend's pediatrician suggested adding olive oil to everything given to DC. It adds flavor and "healthy fat". It worked for my friend.

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thank you so much for your helpful advice and encouragement!

It is hard to be told your baby is not thriving even and many times I just feel desperate. I am pretty much trying to add more fats to DS diet, olive oil into all jarred purees and making homemade purees with added meat and oil as well. I noticed DS eats a bit less when oil is added: he would eat entire 4 oz jar without oil, but only 3oz if oil is added, basically, he would stop when he feels full.

I am thinking whether to get Beaba now... with all the homemade food we have to do, I wonder if this would make things faster. DS is picky when it comes to food and would not eat stuff that is not fresh - he prefers veggies that are just steamed vs. out of the fridge and homemade purees to the jarred kind, also real fruit to the fruit purees which he hates.

Do you think this device would make it easier and would you invest into one in my situation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2