Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Moby or Baby K´Tan?

I am undecided, I live in Miami and wonder if Moby will be too warm...seems to have a lot of fabric and Baby K'Tan seems easier to use...
    What do you think?

I would say no to both the moby and the k'tan. They will both be too hot. Go with a lighter weight wrap, like the wrapsody, and you will be so much happier!

My husband and I both love our Baby Ktan carriers. We used them in very hot temperatures with no problems at all. The material is a nice lightweight t shirt knit.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Between those two, I would get the Moby. I hated the Katan--couldn't get the fit right, and it felt like much mroe fabric all bunched up than the Moby. I agree with hobie that you might want to look for a wrap in a lighter weight fabric.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would also suggest a wrapsody.

I loved my Baby K'Tan, but never tried the Moby or the wrapsody, so I can't speak to them...
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Love my K'tan. much easier to use than the moby and a lot less material. they also have a new mesh one that is supposed to be cooler and more breathable.

I personally don't think the K'tan provided as much support when babies get older and heavier. The Moby or even Sleepy wrap is a lot of frabric but even a carrier like an Ergo or a Beco would be just as hot.

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would not get the moby if I lived in Florida. I live in the desert southwest and the moby was way too hot. I hardly ever usedmit. I tried a ktan on and loved it, but DS was already kinda big for it. Mi think amktan would be good for a newborn, then move up to something with more structure.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

We used our Moby carriers in a hot climate and it never bothered our children, they like being carried more than to sit in a stroller, even when it's hot!

We got this one for our youngest daughter (in Fuchsia) http://www.babyearth.com/moby-wrap-uv-baby-carrier.html

Just make sure you don't overdress your child (one layer like a onsie or t-shirt is enough) and let them wear a cute sunhat.

Married to DH since '95

DS1 (’96)DS2 (’97) & DD1 (’97) (twins)DS3 (’99)DD2 (’00)DS4 (’01)DD3 (’03) & DS5 (’03) (twins)
    DD4 (’04)DS6 (’05)DD5 (’07) & DD6 (’07) (twins)DS7 (’08)DS8 (’09) & DS9 (’09) (twins) - DD7 ('11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast