Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pottery Barn Kids Furniture - any good?

Hi All: I'm really partial to the pottery barn furniture at this point, specifically the Madison crib. However after reading the review in Baby Bargains I'm a little weary. Do any of you have a crib or furniture from Pottery Barn Kids? What has been your experience? Good quality, bad, fell apart, lasted, paint chipped, what? Thank you so much in advance!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i have the Madison changing table system from PBK in my son's room and love it. Quality seemed great, had no issues whatsoever with paint chipping or anything like that, and the thing has gotten HEAVY use over the past 15 months (multiple times a day for diaper changes etc). i liked it so much i ordered PBK furniture for my DD"s room (crib, dresser, bookshelf from Catalina collection). haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but so far it seems pretty good quality and i have no complaints.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-21-2011 at 07:40 PM.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the PB Kendall crib and love it. The paint is beautiful - no scratches at all. The overall quality is great - feels very sturdy.

We have the Kendall crib in espresso and love, love, love it! We looked at several stores and dozens of cribs/brands. This by far was the sturdiest, nicest crib. I don't know about the rest of the furniture. We went with the Ikea Hemnes dresser. It is the 8 drawer dresser and is awesome. We didn't want matchy matchy furniture, and baby/kids furniture (esp. dressers) tend to be impractical. They aren't as deep, drawers don't hold much, and not good quality. The Hemnes dresser is holding up wonderfully. The drawers are huge and open/close like a dream. We put our changing pad up on top, and when we're done with the changing pad, we'll still be using the dresser. It is tall but it works great for us. I am 5'5" and DH is 6'5"

BTW, we looked at Land of Nod, Babies 'r Us, Buy Buy Baby, USA Baby, Baby Depot (at Burlington Coat Factory), Ikea and Target. Pottery Barn had the best crib/deal. Good luck and congratulations!
    DD 6/10

If you have money and want to pay for the "look" Pottery Barn is good, be it furniture or other items they sell.

In all reality, their stuff is made in similar factories as everyone else in Asia, be it in China or Vietnam or Indonesia. They just put a premium price on it that comes with their label.

I have never been impressed with their quality or price/value. There are many other choices out there, either at a specialty store or big box chain store (walmart/target excluded!)

Some people are not making an investment for 10-20 years when they buy nursery furniture and have the money to spend on the look they want regardless of quality and durability.

Default Great style- terrible service!

I love love love their style, but really caution you!

We purchased a dream rocker for our kids two months before their baby was born. It didn't arrive until after she was a month old. Both the chair and the cover were "in stock" at the time of purchase. Of course it took many many phone calls to track down the status.

We also purchased a dining set, brand new in box, which the store manager offered us for the floor sample price and 8 chairs (normal price). It's 3 months later and the table has already sagged terribly in the center. Multiple calls to both the store and to corporate have resulted in a "too bad for you response." Needless to say we will NEVER purchase anything else from PB, PBkids, or PBteen. Apparently $9k worth of purchase history doesn't matter to PB. Too bad for them because we're building a home, and we'll be furnishing two nurseries in the next two months. We'll spend money with a company that takes care of their customers!

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by confusedmom View Post
    Hi All: I'm really partial to the pottery barn furniture at this point, specifically the Madison crib. However after reading the review in Baby Bargains I'm a little weary. Do any of you have a crib or furniture from Pottery Barn Kids? What has been your experience? Good quality, bad, fell apart, lasted, paint chipped, what? Thank you so much in advance!
    We have owned PBK nursery furniture (crib, wardrobe, and bookcase for the playroom) for 4.5 years and they have all held up wonderfully. No complaints in our family, and we have been through two different moves (including one cross-country) w/ the furniture.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a twin over full bunk bed ... got it 4 years ago. Still looks great, we were/are very happy with our PBK purchase.

As a pp said, PBK furniture is pretty sturdy, but it is not the best price/value. And you can find the exact same design, wood, and stains in different stores for a LOT less.

That said, it's a brand that's good to look for on Craigslist.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

For those of you that have the PB furniture - do you have it in the dark wood finish or the antique white?

Considering the antique white finish and wondering if it holds up well too?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast