Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    I thought about that, but worried that the room woulnt be ready and i still have to worry about the milk i bring out spilling or going bad in the heat.

:sorry guys, i'm pretty set on this one. it has worked well for us on previous trips.
    Whatever works for you! I have my own issues with self stable milk, which is why I can only think of picking up a half gallon!

Did the new packing list link work for you? If not, just google "WDW Ultimate Packing List". Seriously, it thinks of everything!

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    On the glow drinks...when we went to the Wave, DD really wanted one so they let us "upgrade" from her free DDP drink. They took off the price of the drink sans glow item price off the bill and we paid $2 or $3 for a glowing Tinkerbell, which she still has and still works...

I thought of a few other things:

1) Those 2.5 gallon ziplocks - great for wet clothes or bathing suits if you are flying home and just went to the pool.
    2) Toss a tote bag in your luggage for overflow stuff on the way home. I took one of those resuable bags (from Disney store) as well and we used it for taking stuff to the pool and it carried snacks and other stuff on the plane while in flight (would take stuff out of the carryon and pile it in the bag).
    that is an nice option since i mainly drink water so i can give her my dxdp drink and hopefully they will "upgrade" it if she really wants a tinkerbell. I normally pack our clothes in the 2.5 gallon bags so we have a dirty laundry bag for the trip home. dh will have his backpack for plane, pool (if we make it there), and park usage. i hope i dont have an extra bag coming back after the case of milk will be gone in the larger suitcase. dh will not be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    Whatever works for you! I have my own issues with self stable milk, which is why I can only think of picking up a half gallon!

Did the new packing list link work for you? If not, just google "WDW Ultimate Packing List". Seriously, it thinks of everything!
    what issues? please share? we use them all the time when we are traveling or out and about. i did look at the list and it is huge. dh seriously would not go if i packed it all or even most of that list!!!

I just hate buying thinks I can bringg that cost 10x more because stores know that your kid will scream until they get it (that is milk for dd).
    I would call those "must haves" not extras. It looks like you have your bases covered.

Oh, one thing that's a cross between a must have/extra is a lanyard and case for your key to the kingdom. The one I bought in the park broke I liked having my key card around my neck, I tend to misplace things like that.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

what issues? please share? we use them all the time when we are traveling or out and about. i did look at the list and it is huge. dh seriously would not go if i packed it all or even most of that list!!!
    Not an issue you should be worried about or anything- I meant mental issues for me! something about milk sitting on a shelf warm. I know it's as perfect as regular cold milk, but I can't seem to get myself to drink it! Loony, I know!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Very helpful thread! I hadn't seen that packing list before but that's fabulous!

FWIW, OP we are planning on bringing rice milk packages in our suitcase. DH doesn't "do" milk but cereal is a cheap, easy breakfast option. We figured if we can swing the weight, it would be worth it to have a few shelf stable containers of rice milk to stretch the cereal out.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I would call those "must haves" not extras. It looks like you have your bases covered.

Oh, one thing that's a cross between a must have/extra is a lanyard and case for your key to the kingdom. The one I bought in the park broke I liked having my key card around my neck, I tend to misplace things like that.
    very true on the milk, it is a must. hmm never thought about a lanyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    Not an issue you should be worried about or anything- I meant mental issues for me! something about milk sitting on a shelf warm. I know it's as perfect as regular cold milk, but I can't seem to get myself to drink it! Loony, I know!
    lol... we do normally serve it cold, but i just like it because i dont have to worry about it in the diaper bag if we've been out all day
    Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Very helpful thread! I hadn't seen that packing list before but that's fabulous!

FWIW, OP we are planning on bringing rice milk packages in our suitcase. DH doesn't "do" milk but cereal is a cheap, easy breakfast option. We figured if we can swing the weight, it would be worth it to have a few shelf stable containers of rice milk to stretch the cereal out.
    i saw a picture of kids with glow necklaces and the menus with the kids specialty drink prompted me to write it down on my shopping list b/c i refuse to pay $5 for a glow necklace every night & $7 everytime we sit down to eat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4