Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What goodies/extras to bring to Disney?

Okay, ADRs are done and now i'm starting to gather a list of extras and goodies to bring down with us instead of buying at disney. We are going to check in one 24" inch suitcase, and must keep it under 50lbs because it is cheaper to check in one piece of luggage than to buy sunblock for 4 adults and 1 toddler not on sale. I will try to get some clothes in there so we can limit the number of carry on luggage with a adventurous 2 yo. What do you buy to bring down?

List so far:
    -sunblock
    -case of horizon 1% milk boxes
    -rain ponchos
    -glow stick/necklaces
    -small disney toys/t-shirts, but this is debatable since dh is insisting that dd pick out what she wants

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn't take the milk. Just buy it there. It is so big and heavy.

We aren't souvenir buyers but I know some people buy toys ahead of time rather than buy at the park. Same with Disney shirts, we wouldn't buy any ahead of time and only buy there if it was really wanted.

Beth

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Are you in a DVC property, or a regular room?

For DVC, we take microwave popcorn (since there's a microwave), the kids love it as an afternoon snack- and granola bars. If we decide to do breakfast in the room, we order from Garden Grocer instead of bringing it there.

To help get you started, here's the Ultimate PAcking List!
    www.mousesavers.com/ultimatepackinglist.doc

I was thinking the milk becasue the case weights 10lbs and I have the room. I am not ordering groceries and hate to use a snack credit for milk plus worry about keeping it cold since the box milk is self stable. dd loves her milk and she has no patience waiting for it!!

i agree with the not bringing the toys. i debated putting it on the list. dd is picky so i rather her be happy with a few things than have a lots that she doesnt care about.

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    Are you in a DVC property, or a regular room?

For DVC, we take microwave popcorn (since there's a microwave), the kids love it as an afternoon snack- and granola bars. If we decide to do breakfast in the room, we order from Garden Grocer instead of bringing it there.

To help get you started, here's the Ultimate PAcking List!
    www.mousesavers.com/ultimatepackinglist.doc
    We are stay in a regular room in the contemporary. Thanks i'll have to take a look over at the list!

i couldnt get the page to open . i'll try again late on my personal pc.

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ziploc bags. Lots.

We brought lots of snacks like animal crackers, raisins, Goldfish, etc. Aside from the saving-money aspect, it was so nice to be able to just hand the little ones a baggie of snacks when they were hungry in the parks, rather than trying to find something they would like, waiting in line, cleaning up the mess, etc.

Our first aid kit included things like motrin, benadryl, tums, vitamins, hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel, bandaids, neosporin, moleskin, nail clippers, and scissors. If you bring moleskin, don't forget to bring scissors to cut it.. we forgot and I broke our nail clippers trying to cut a piece. They didn't sell scissors in the gift shop.

What about quarters and pennies for the penny press machines? I was surprised, my 2 year old absolutely loved those.

We brought a hanging closet organizer, and I've heard of people bringing over-the-door shoe holders.. it was great to keep all our toiletries organized.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    i couldnt get the page to open . i'll try again late on my personal pc.
    Try it this way instead....click on it and go to the Packing List section, you can download their list from there.

http://www.mousesavers.com/timeismoney.html#packing

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Bring a nightlight for the bathroom!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Bring a nightlight for the bathroom!
    Yes! I always bring one when we travel.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast