Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
    Ziploc bags. Lots.

We brought lots of snacks like animal crackers, raisins, Goldfish, etc. Aside from the saving-money aspect, it was so nice to be able to just hand the little ones a baggie of snacks when they were hungry in the parks, rather than trying to find something they would like, waiting in line, cleaning up the mess, etc.

Our first aid kit included things like motrin, benadryl, tums, vitamins, hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel, bandaids, neosporin, moleskin, nail clippers, and scissors. If you bring moleskin, don't forget to bring scissors to cut it.. we forgot and I broke our nail clippers trying to cut a piece. They didn't sell scissors in the gift shop.

What about quarters and pennies for the penny press machines? I was surprised, my 2 year old absolutely loved those.

We brought a hanging closet organizer, and I've heard of people bringing over-the-door shoe holders.. it was great to keep all our toiletries organized.
    I just walked into a shop and asked to borrow their scissors. They had one at the register.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Last time we meant I made the kids a few 'custom' t-shirts thanks to the DISigns board on the disboards. I printed out iron-on transfers and put them on cheap hanes t-shirts. I made a Star Wars theme shirt for each and a Mickey head pirate one. Oh, and pumpkin Mickey heads since we were going during the Halloween party - DH and my dad also wore them.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In addition to the above:

BodyGlide. You can get it at sporting good stores, Amazon, and sometimes at drug stores. Helps prevent blisters and chafing.

If you have one of the small super absorbable towels, take that. Great for drying off wet seats...and wet people.

Small plug extender - there's never enough plugs in the room.

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
    Ziploc bags. Lots.

What about quarters and pennies for the penny press machines? I was surprised, my 2 year old absolutely loved those.

We brought a hanging closet organizer, and I've heard of people bringing over-the-door shoe holders.. it was great to keep all our toiletries organized.
    i'm adding a roll of quarters to my list, pennys are always available somewhere and the ziploc baggies.
    Last edited by peanut520; 03-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Bring a nightlight for the bathroom!
    i know it is a waste of electricity , but we just leave a light on in the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    Last time we meant I made the kids a few 'custom' t-shirts thanks to the DISigns board on the disboards. I printed out iron-on transfers and put them on cheap hanes t-shirts. I made a Star Wars theme shirt for each and a Mickey head pirate one. Oh, and pumpkin Mickey heads since we were going during the Halloween party - DH and my dad also wore them.
    I just dont have the patience to make shirts

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    BodyGlide. You can get it at sporting good stores, Amazon, and sometimes at drug stores. Helps prevent blisters and chafing.

If you have one of the small super absorbable towels, take that. Great for drying off wet seats...and wet people.

Small plug extender - there's never enough plugs in the room.
    love the bodyglide and the super absorbant towel advice!

This isn't really Disney specific, but I always bring a large bobby pin or paper clip to keep that annoying gap in the drapes closed. It seems like I can never get hotel curtains to stay closed, and there's a shaft of light that shines right in my eyes!

Honestly, I don't take a lot of extra stuff. I hate heavy bags.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Don't you have the DxDP? I don't think you need to bring milk, you can get it as a beverage with each meal. Maybe bring an insulated cup and ask for a refill before leaving a restaurant if you think you will need more. My younger DD drinks soymilk, so I did bring soymilk boxes last time because it is hit and miss which restaurants have soymilk at WDW.

Also, we packed a small box with non-perishable snacks: cereal, our preferred brand of cereal bars, Zbars, etc. All things that were easy to bring, were expensive to buy there and we would not need to bring home.

But otherwise, less is more.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJ View Post
    I just walked into a shop and asked to borrow their scissors. They had one at the register.
    Well, that's not fair. The CMs in the gift shop thought my husband was nuts for needing scissors, even after he explained what he needed them for (they asked). You'd think they would have offered if they had a pair.. hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Don't you have the DxDP? I don't think you need to bring milk, you can get it as a beverage with each meal. Maybe bring an insulated cup and ask for a refill before leaving a restaurant if you think you will need more. My younger DD drinks soymilk, so I did bring soymilk boxes last time because it is hit and miss which restaurants have soymilk at WDW.

Also, we packed a small box with non-perishable snacks: cereal, our preferred brand of cereal bars, Zbars, etc. All things that were easy to bring, were expensive to buy there and we would not need to bring home.

But otherwise, less is more.
    DH is definitely a less is more guy and believes what we dont have we cant buy there. I'm in between less is more and wanting to be prepared for everything, but i dont want to use a small pack animal to lug everything.

We do have the DxDP, but I was concerned with DD using ALL the snack credits for milk. That little girl can drink herself some milk (a gallon every few days herself), plus she wants milk as soon as she gets up so i'll have to have some in the room for her. I figured the shelf stable mlk was easy enough to toss a few in the bottom of x stroller (which one is still being debated). I am trying to avoid paying oop for food/drink with the DxDP with the exception of tips.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I bring glitter makeup and hair accessories to do my girls own BBB makeovers myself.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast