Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do buy DD a new pair or two of PJs from the Disney Store to wear, you can often find them on sale at decent prices.

I also wouldn't bring the milk, I'd worry it would leak (get punctured or crushed) in transit. If you eat a meal at quick service at lunch, I found most places would subsitute bottled water for the dessert, if I asked. The same could be true for milk. But then there is the issue of carrying it around/keeping it cold.

Although on th DxDP you get 2 snacks per person per night. That actually is quite a bit of snacks so you might have more room than you think to use snack credits for milk (which you could buy at the Contempo Cafe in the mornings).

For the penny machines, it is recommended to use pre-1983 pennies since they are 100% copper. Current pennies have zinc/copper and the can have a grey streak running through them when pressed. I usually dig through our change bin to find the older pennies as they do come out better.

I also bring some small Disney themed stuff to do on the plane or while waiting in line. Stickers, small coloring pages (Crayola has a set w/ 6 markers and 80 pages that is great for the plane and restaurants).

I did bring our own glow sticks.

Extra battery for your camera if you have a rechargable, and the charger!

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    This isn't really Disney specific, but I always bring a large bobby pin or paper clip to keep that annoying gap in the drapes closed. It seems like I can never get hotel curtains to stay closed, and there's a shaft of light that shines right in my eyes!

Honestly, I don't take a lot of extra stuff. I hate heavy bags.
    We are only planning to bring one piece that will be checking in and one carry one for the 3 of us (+ stroller). I honestly dont bring a lot out, everything HAS to fit in a skip hop duo (it will proabably be a backpack for disney) and a kids sized lunch bag for snacks and drinks. I just hate buying thinks I can bringg that cost 10x more because stores know that your kid will scream until they get it (that is milk for dd).

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I bring glitter makeup and hair accessories to do my girls own BBB makeovers myself.
    love the idea, but dh is not having it for dd since she is only 2. he says that she can do what she wants when she is 18 or paying for her own trip, but that applies to all makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    I do buy DD a new pair or two of PJs from the Disney Store to wear, you can often find them on sale at decent prices.
    oh that is a great idea, you always need new pjs. BTW they have disney swimsuits with a s/s rashgaurd at costco for 18.99. we did pick up 2 for her.
    I also wouldn't bring the milk, I'd worry it would leak (get punctured or crushed) in transit. If you eat a meal at quick service at lunch, I found most places would subsitute bottled water for the dessert, if I asked. The same could be true for milk. But then there is the issue of carrying it around/keeping it cold. we've packed the milk on plane trips before without any issues and most of our meals are table service (non buffet). I worry about milk in the heat.

Although on th DxDP you get 2 snacks per person per night. That actually is quite a bit of snacks so you might have more room than you think to use snack credits for milk (which you could buy at the Contempo Cafe in the mornings).we are staying in the garden wing and i'm not sure if i want to walk to the cafe before she gets up because she wont start to dressed an ready for the day until she has her milk. we are there 4 night, but 5 full days and we are used to eating 3 meals a day so we will be using a number of snack credits for the 2 mornings that we dont have dining credits for.

For the penny machines, it is recommended to use pre-1983 pennies since they are 100% copper. Current pennies have zinc/copper and the can have a grey streak running through them when pressed. I usually dig through our change bin to find the older pennies as they do come out better.Thanks for the tip, i'll start keep them seperate for the trip

I also bring some small Disney themed stuff to do on the plane or while waiting in line. Stickers, small coloring pages (Crayola has a set w/ 6 markers and 80 pages that is great for the plane and restaurants).I planned on getting the color wonders travel kit for the plane

I did bring our own glow sticks. dollar store, but i also found glow straws and am debating those since they are small and i can forsee dd asking for the kids specialty drink for the glow cubes.

Extra battery for your camera if you have a rechargable, and the charger!

It does sound easier for you to bring the milk boxes, ITA, I wouldn't want to schlep to the store/cafe early either!

Where did you find the glow straws? DD would love those.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you have a refrigerator in your room? You could just buy a gallon of milk at the resort store when you get there. It isn't that expensive.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Do you have a refrigerator in your room? You could just buy a gallon of milk at the resort store when you get there. It isn't that expensive.
    All Deluxe Resorts should have a fridge, IIRC. I usually just stop at teh store (you could stop after Chef Mickey's, it's on the same floor) and pick up the milk. It really isn't marked up too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    It does sound easier for you to bring the milk boxes, ITA, I wouldn't want to schlep to the store/cafe early either!

Where did you find the glow straws? DD would love those.
    i found the straws on ebay and i think i saw them in novelty shops too. i thought it would be neat and prevent me from buying $7 juice drinks at every meal that she normally doesnt drink. i found this link with a little video when i found the straws on ebay last night looking for decent prices on bulk glow necklaces.

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    All Deluxe Resorts should have a fridge, IIRC. I usually just stop at teh store (you could stop after Chef Mickey's, it's on the same floor) and pick up the milk. It really isn't marked up too badly.
    I thought about that, but worried that the room woulnt be ready and i still have to worry about the milk i bring out spilling or going bad in the heat.

:sorry guys, i'm pretty set on this one. it has worked well for us on previous trips.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I bring glitter makeup and hair accessories to do my girls own BBB makeovers myself.
    I did that too--big hit!

I think you've about covered it. Ponchos, granola bars, we brought almonds and trail mix and had that several days for breakfast, glow sticks and a night light.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

On the glow drinks...when we went to the Wave, DD really wanted one so they let us "upgrade" from her free DDP drink. They took off the price of the drink sans glow item price off the bill and we paid $2 or $3 for a glowing Tinkerbell, which she still has and still works...

I thought of a few other things:

1) Those 2.5 gallon ziplocks - great for wet clothes or bathing suits if you are flying home and just went to the pool.
    2) Toss a tote bag in your luggage for overflow stuff on the way home. I took one of those resuable bags (from Disney store) as well and we used it for taking stuff to the pool and it carried snacks and other stuff on the plane while in flight (would take stuff out of the carryon and pile it in the bag).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast