View Poll Results: Do you use bar soap for the shower/bath?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 57.76%
  • No, I use liquid soap

37 31.90%
  • Either or, whatever is in hands-reach

11 9.48%
  • Soap?... I thought water is enough!

1 0.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Soap

Quote Originally Posted by mezzona View Post
    south of France shea butter soap. yes it's a bar. I like that it is all natural ingredients, including the fragrance. it's moisturizing for sure. uhhh I don't like what it or any bar soap does with our hard water. it is such a pain to clean our tub.

eta. I prefer dove too, but dh complains it is not as moisturizing. honestly I can't tell because our water is so hard.
    That is so interesting! Bec. that is why I was asking this question to begin with. We also have pretty hard water and the tub constantly has film on it- I hate it! Is it bec. of the bar soap with the hard water?

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

we use tone soap. Maybe I should look into the ingredient list. Anyone else use this?

http://www.drugstore.com/tone-cocoa-...srch=tone+soap

I use Chargin Valley soaps. Love them and they are so moisturizing. I have never had a soap film on the tub. We have fairly hard water.

We also use dove unscented bar soap.

I hate the soap gunk that sticks to the shower walls and drain. I hate having to scrub or use harsh chemical cleaners to make the shower look clean.

But my husband refuses to use any body wash because it is too girly. This is one disagreement I am just letting him win. Boo.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dove sensitive skin.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

dial or safeguard (whichever I can find in the multipacks). Has to be gold. It's what I used growing up and I can't seem to get out of the habbit!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Another vote for Dove unscented. I also like to pamper myself with soap from my favorite Etsy soapmakers from time to time. No problems with soap film.

DH likes a pump, and usually the brands that are highly scented. I am extremely sensitive to smells and I've recently gotten him to switch to one of the Method ones which isn't so strong.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

I use Caress bodywash (looove it) with a poof. DH uses Irish Spring bar soap. We use Cetaphil bar soap for DD as per the pediatrician's rec- he said its even gentler than Dove.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

DH got me hooked on Lever 2000, then switched to liquid soap himself. I may finish off the batch we have and go back to liquid soap. Believe it or not, because we have hard water, we go through bar soap faster than liquid soap (because of the lather factor, I'm sure).

My favorite, though, is homemade by my Aunt...I just don't get to see her often enough to use it on a regular basis.

I use Oil of Olay bar soap with Shea Butter. I can't use anything else to shave with or I get horrid razor burn.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast