Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default So where did you all buy your "big girl" beds from?

The time has come for DDs to move out of their containment devices, um, cribs, to big girl beds. Other than Ikea, where should I be looking? I don't want to spend Pottery Barn money really. I would prefer regular twin beds to "toddler" beds that I'll have to replace in a few years. TIA!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We bought older DD's at Baby 2 Teen in Manassas: http://www.baby2teenfurniture.com/

In retrospect, I wish we had done something a little different, but it's fine.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is using a twin bed frame that my dad made for my brothers years ago. When we have the $$ to buy a queen mattress set for the guest room, DD will get the full mattress set that's currently in there, and we'll probably buy an IKEA Hemnes bed for that. We LOVE the Hemnes line. When all that happens, DS will get the twin bed that Dad made for his room. Right now, his Gulliver crib is in toddler bed form in his room. The cats are really enjoying it that way (DS sleeps in our room on a Kid's Aerobed).
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For right now we are using a twin mattress and box spring on a simple metal bed frame.

When she get a little older I found a beautiful wooden headboard in my parents basement. It is an antique and too nice for a 4 year old, so I will wait a few years.

I hung a fun winnie the pooh quilt on the wall where the headboard would be and she is madly in love with it.

We also painted her room pink and I am making new curtains and bedspread.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We got DD's from a furniture store. It's Lea Spring Garden and we are really happy with it. It's this in white...

If I had it to do over again I might just get a twin frame and a headboard like this....
    It would have been a lot cheaper.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomom1121 View Post
    If I had it to do over again I might just get a twin frame and a headboard like this....
    It would have been a lot cheaper.
    I just saw this headboard somewhere in a catalog recently and loved it...it was in either CompanyKids or Garnet Hill catalogs, I think? We got DD's bed at a local baby/kids store, b/c it's her crib converted to a full size bed.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think I saw it on Walmart a while ago but I don't see it now. Here's a link where I found it. http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CEQQ8wIwAg#
    I saw the one on Company Kids and this one is much cheaper but just as cute.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We built a twin bed frame from ana-white.com!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We bit the bullet and got DS a PBK bed, though it was on sale. He has this one http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...d-and-trundle/

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We got DS and DD beds at Great Beginnings. They have an older kids section. It happens that we got both on sale (floor models). Their selection is nice though. There is also a new teen or tween store in Rockville (just saw it advertised but I can't remember the name). However, I am really happy with our great beginnings purchases (caveat: we did not purchase an entire bedroom set, just beds).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast